Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: NZXT SEN-MIX2 Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller
Pros: - 5 LED colors
- 6 channels
- works out of box
Cons: - whenever you reboot your PC the fans spin at max for about 7-15 seconds then return to whatever speed you have them at. The LED setting is saved however.
Other Thoughts: I've owned 3 total fan controllers and this is by far the best that I've come across. It is far less annoying to configure compared to the fancy LCD screen controllers.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - sleek design
- very customizable (can remove harddrive cage, ssd bay, optical drive bay, etc)
- great airflow
- 3 dust filters (front, top, and bottom)
Cons: - didn't properly fit my micro atx motherboard.
This case supports that type of motherboard yet there wasn't any holes for a standoff (on the case) for one of the screwholes on my motherboard. I had to be super careful when plugging in my usb 3.0 cable and 24 pin power connector, otherwise I would snap the motherboard due to lack of support.
- lack of cable tie down points.
There's only 4-5 cable tie down points with 2 already being used. On top of that they are all in the same region instead of being spread out.
- lack of instructions provided for me in the box.
Everything isn't self explanatory. Had to go online to fetch the instructions.
- flimsy hard drive cage.
Doesn't take much force for it to wobble back and forth.
Pros: - Fans themselves are quiet
- card stays relatively cool, even during benchmarks and demanding games
- small physical size (compared to other brands)
- performance is top notch (huge upgrade over my r9 280x)
- no out of memory errors as reported by another user
Cons: - coil whine
Other Thoughts: The coil whine is noticeable over my case fans and speakers during certain games (not all of them).
I have heard of other brands having coil whine as well (especially MSI) and I don't wanna wait 2-4 weeks for a replacement. So I'll probably just stick with this card. The noise itself is semi-bearable for me personally and isn't a really loud screeching noise. Sometimes coil whine goes away over time. Maybe I'll get lucky.