Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: * Easy to install.
* Have yet to max it out. I'd like to point out that a high expectation gamer and musician with a program that sucks up tons of power needs good RAM. These fit that part perfectly!
* Inexpensive. I purchased mine when they were on sale for 99.99$ and so far, that 100$ was more than worth it.
* Sleek design. Awesome color. If you have a clear case or side panel to show off some of the things in your computer, definitely show off these bad boys!
Other Thoughts: * I HIGHLY recommend this product specifically. You should never run out of RAM when you have 16GB of it, and these guys make running my normally used programs a breeze!READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: * Multitasking is a breeze! Against my room mates 3880 i-7, this processor smokes his!
* Fast processor. This 8 core competes with my room mates 3880 i-7.
* Price. 200$ for a true 8 core? That's amazing! I went with an AMD build specifically because it saved me 600$. Granted, Intel build with similar stats would have had an overall better performance of around 20% but a 50% increase in price for 20% better performance? Not worth it in my book, since I am on a budget.
Cons: * The fan that came stock with the processor is pathetic. I had to buy a fan roughly twice the size to keep my processor running between 10 and 35 degrees C.
* Running multiple things is a breeze, yes but when it comes to running just 1 or 2 programs, the 3880 i-7 is faster. Also, with gaming, brief lag spikes occur due to buffering happen more often on my computer than my room mates year old computer with a 3880 i-7 in it but hey, that's the difference between a true 8-core that is 200$ from AMD and a 400$ processor from Intel. Overall, it's about 15-25% less performance than the 3880 i-7.
Other Thoughts: * I'm quite content with this processor. I wish in some aspects it was a little faster but I'm a high expectation gamer on a budget. If looking to build a BEAST computer that can keep up with all of the games coming out (so long as you can afford the graphics card), I do recommend going AMD and with this processor.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: * Keeps up with ALL of the games I play with little effort. I can even run Crysis 3 on high to max settings with a smooth 60 FPS. Absolutely beautiful!
* Easy to install.
Cons: * Price.
Other Thoughts: I highly recommend this card if you are a 'higher standards' gamer! Runs things flawlessly. Just make sure you have a processor to keep up with it!READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Andrew W.
Date Joined: 11/23/12
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.