Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Great looking monitor.
- Crystal Clear image quality.
- Very 'rich' looking monitor compared to my old Dell. (2005FPW)
- Enjoyed it a lot when it worked great.
Cons: - No Height adjustment.
- Cant tilt it forward much.
- Connecting the base to the monitor was scary. Need to use force to lock the base to the monitor.
- After the warranty expired, I started hearing an audible humming noise. I did't realise it was from the monitor since I didn't suspect it for a while. To fix this issue, I had to bump the brightness to 99-100% and the humming would go away. (I would have lived with this hassle until the next issue happened)
- The last straw came a few weeks back when the monitor started turning off by itself. Initially, if I powered it back on, it would stay on for say a few minutes. But recently, it only lasts for 3-4 seconds and it would turn off by itself.
- I have tried a different cables (DVI vs VGA),
- Windows XP PC, Ubuntu Laptop and Fedora PC.
- Different resolution settings instead of the max resolution.
No luck. I Called Samsung customer support. They quoted $50 to test it, $150 (or so) for out of warranty fee + shipping fee.
Other Thoughts: This is my first review of any product I have purchased.
It would have been acceptable if this product died say after 3-4 years. But not after 1 year!
Maybe it would work for you. But please review all Samsung LCD product reviews in general before buying this monitor. Most Samsung LCD products seem to be affected by this 'humming' issue and this auto turn off issue. My Dell from 2005 is still running great. I expected a better product from Samsung.
Another thing to keep in mind - Samsung provides 3 years warranty on certain monitors. But on this one there was only 1 year. That could explain a bit... So just watch out!
Hope this is useful to you guys.