Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - it works
- compact size
Cons: - This unit will not work if I restart the computer, so I have to unplug it and plug it again to make it works.
Other Thoughts: I've tried to use it on another computer problem still persist, unplugging is the only way to go.
it doesn't really matter for me, but when my family messing up with my computer and accidentally restarting it.
I just have to wait couple minutes before the person who messing up start grumbling the internet isn't connected.
Pros: Simply works
- Stable connection
- Less heat
- Comes with extension cable & Mini-CD Drive
- Easily max out 150mbps
Cons: Some people might want smaller/compact size but for me it's a pro since it's affecting signal quality
- Cap, it's easy to lost it after you plug this to your workstation.
Because of the cap, probably this product is not perfect choice for mobile user.
Other Thoughts: I'm using 6 unit WN727N + 1 WN725N + 1 WN723N paired with MR 3420, before that I'm using Old WRT54GL, I know I have to replace it sooner or later.
My first purchase for this unit was on june 2012, 2nd on feb 2013, and last is Sep 2013.
I'm happy with this product, yes since it's older, but it simply works, unlike the new type this old version this one is better (simply preference)
if people ask my advice for recommendation
I'll refer this product if the user is Desktop user
I'll refer WN725N (Nano Size) if the user is Mobile user.
I'll write review for WN723N later.
Thanks TP-Link for making good product with affordable price.
This review is from: ECS A780LM-M2 AM3 AMD 760G + SB710 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Pros: - Cheapest Motherboard with AMD Chipset.
- Good service
- Small & compact.
- it does do the job
- Limited for AM3 processor (reason below)
- it's great value if you happen to have unused AM3 processor laying around, or really in tight budget to build new computer (used processor is hardly broken, and very affordable to get for example I got my sempron 140 just for $15) add 4GB RAM & decent GPU you can at least play something with this.
Cons: - First motherboard dead within a month, RMA process done within an hour. (I visit their service centre directly)
- 760G chipset, not support DVXA (Video accelerator for video), so it using CPU power to decode, if you using low end processor (like I did with Sempron 140) playing 720p video is barely playable, 1080p? just forget it.
in the end I had to add old HD 4350 to make sure everything is good for playing ver light games & video playback.
- Sound setup is probably confusing for people who just expect it to work after installing driver (read how to below)
Other Thoughts: many cheap motherboard (specially AMD) does capable to run new AM3+ processor but actually it need lot's of power to run AM3+ processor, this board (and other board within range price) probably barely enough to run 4-cores processor (even with Athlon X4/Phenom).
So why risking waste $100+ with $39.99 board?
- for Sound setup, after installing Driver & via Software, you have to unpick option under Via Control panel, because by default sound was delivered to front panel jack, so you need to activate both Front & Rear output to get sound from Rear output. Simple solution but really if you didn't know probably you will think the mainboard is defective & try tp RMA it or probably just put your board as a paperweight.
for the price, and right setup, this is very good board.
for less than $150 setup you could run any games with decent FPS.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.