Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: i5 core dual processor cpu.
HDMI and 4 USB ports (one shared with eSATA)
Cons: Smaller hard drive arrived then advertised
Previous owner obviously ate while he worked on this laptop as the crud under the keyboards was incredible. Coffee stains, sticky food on the outside and on the wrist area
Other Thoughts: It's always a gamble when going refurbished, but this one truly grossed me out. You can't do more than wipe the keyboard because there is an exposed circuit board mounted to the underside of the keyboard for the integrated pointer. Last time I will ever make this gamble.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: small form factor
i3 dual core cpu
low power requirements
arrived with latest F5 bios
Cons: Plain and simple: CPU overheats very easily.
- Just running memtest86+v5.20, the cpu will hit 60 deg C after one pass and then freeze. Keep in mind, I haven't even installed a hard drive yet! When that gets put in, the system temps will be higher!
- Sitting at idle in BIOS, system temp stays at 52*C and CPU at 51*C with the fan speed peaked out at 3600 RPM in a 26*C room with no obstructions to air flow
- Wouldn't boot with a USB flash drive
- Will not auto-refresh bios when a new USB device is plugged in (example: external DVD drive with boot disk or external hard drive) even when you exit the BIOS
- When keyboard and external DVD drive are plugged into the back USB ports, the keyboard will be lost on successful start up
Other Thoughts: Shining a flashlight into the back vent where the fan blows out, you can see that it almost touches the top of the case, meaning that air flow is minimal or non-existent because the motherboard almost completely blocks the side air vents.
I haven't decided if I'm going to return this or modify the case to provide the necessary air flow to cool the CPU. So far, I'm very disappointed at what was going to be my HTPC.
Pros: - i7 3rd gen quad core cpu (best available at the time I purchased)
- gorgeous HD ips screen
- good sound for a laptop (when subwoofer attached)
- USB 3.0 for fast external hard drive transfers
- non-Intel based wifi chip
Cons: Not entirely compatible with older versions of USB, some items that do function just fine on USB 2.0 only ports
Not the best sub components used inside.
- Memory module failed within 10 months of purchase and I will have to buy some high quality memory because Asus is unwilling to send me a memory module to fix it.
- 5400 RPM hard drive (can we say "Choke Point"?
- NVidia chipset isn't all that mindblowing
Touchpad gives no physical indication where the left and right mouse buttons are.
- Your hand will drift into a comfortable position and end up clicking on the right mouse button.
- Mouse click buttons are read by the touch pad, so when you want to click on something, it jumps elsewhere.
Not suitable for your lap! For me, idle temps are around 60 degrees Celsius
Plastic bottom is flimsy over memory module area and has no reinforcement. (which might explain why the outer SODIMM was the one that failed)
The hard drive cage is actually the support for one of the front feet! Not so bad if you use SSD, but if you hard drive spins, don't be surprised when it fails from damage related to "shock"
Other Thoughts: I know that this model has been discontinued, but I wanted to share what it's like after living with it for nearly a year, which many reviewers don't do.
Warranty is absolute garbage. Send your $1000+ laptop in for a bad memory module? Asus has a terrible turnaround time for warranty repairs that I have experienced personally.
Installed Crucial M4 256 GB SSD as soon as I got it. When it works, it is blazing fast!
I like that the SD card is fully enclosed, so it won't catch on anything or break when you grab the laptop out of your bag.