Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Good Passmark CPU benchmark scores.
Good CPU value score.
Cons: Took some tinkering to keep cpu fan noise down. May just be this fan's bearings.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1) Inexpensive
2) Came in 4 GByte size for a Win XP application.
Cons: NoneREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: ASRock B85M LGA 1150 Intel B85 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: 1) For Win 7 and 8 but can work w Win XP too.
2) Good video options (Onboard, PCI, PCIe2, PCIe3)
3) Good number of in/outs (SATA , USB etc)
4) Variety of onboard video outputs: HDMI, DVI, D-Sub
6) ASRock bios screens are easy to navigate
Other Thoughts: Bought this to repair a Windows XP system.
It wasn't hard to get XP to work on the MB, but optimization requires some more skill.
I could get the DDR3 1600 RAM to only show 1400 on CPU-Z. The power management ACPI was a little flakey, probably due to how I reinstalled Win XP.
The SATA drives work fine thanks to Fernando's Win_Raid Forum. (http://www.win-raid.com/t11f23-Modded-Intel-AHCI-and-RAID-Drivers.html) Upgrading these drivers in device manager I picked the 8 series/C220 option with DEV_8C02 and all worked well.