Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Fast while it works.
Cons: Now starting on my 3rd kit of this in 2 months. It works great for the first 2-3 weeks then dies. I work in PC repair and I understand this happens, but honestly quite annoying. Usually only happens once or twice but going on my 3rd replacement in less than 2 months. Could also be the poor shipping material newegg uses (padded envelope). 2 of them came in with the boxes dented and bent.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Acer ES1-111M-C40S Aspire E Laptop 11.6" LED HD 2GB 32GB Windows 8.1
Pros: * Lightweight (less than 3 lbs)
* Fast (Uses an EMMC - a form of solid state)
* Boots up in a few seconds, instant response time
* Upgradeable ram to 4GB/8GB DDR3L (Low Voltage)
* Dual Core 2.6 GHz
* Low thermal design power produces low heat and no fan
* No fan means longer battery life and no noise
* No regular dusting needed! Sealed design allows no dust to get inside.
* Lasts over 5 hours on a full charge with CONSTANT usage
* HDMI port allows 1080p video on a TV/Monitor
* Perfect for KIDS or people who move a lot because there is no moving parts, so much harder for something to fail or go bad.
Cons: People are buying these with no clue what they are designed for, and returning them, but thankfully that allows me to get a great deal on a refurbished / open item.
Other Thoughts: * Designed to be used with an external hard drive for storage. You will not be able to store your massive media library on this device.
* Fully updated, office and a few other programs installed leaves between 5 and 8GB free space for the future, including the recovery partition.
* I bought a couple of these for the kids and they love them. They play games all day long and use the free windows 8 math app to practice math, type word documents for school, use them for homework, STREAM music/movies (youtube, netflix, etc)
* Some people have problems with the trackpad becoming unresponsive or difficult to use. Research shows the battery cable and track pad cables are cross-talking and putting a piece of electrical tape between them stops this and makes the mouse work super well. It's a PITA to do this, but at this price point ill remove a handful of screws and add a piece of tape.
This review is from: Rosewill CHALLENGER - Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Three Included Fans - 1 x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1 x Top 140mm Fan, 1 x Rear 120mm Fan - Two More Optional Side 120mm Fans Supported
Pros: Packaged well. Front bezel is very flush and very seamlessly streamed together. Case is lightweight when empty but very sturdy. Side panels are easy to get on and off unlike some cases you have to wrestle. Thumb screws and other tool-less features are great. Included fans actually do move air. Rear I/O shield popped right into place with minimal effort, but it snapped in securely and doesn't budge - These buggers are a PAIN in some cases. Backplate cut out is large enough for most coolers. Motherboard itself set directly down ontop of the risers and immediately lined up - no forcing the board to the back of the case, it was just ready. Video card and other PCI cards lined up 100% perfect with the case, no slight bending of brackets needed. Minimal design, no power led (other than the LED fan), included a speaker!! (more and more cases are coming without these) SSD bracket has mounting holes for TWO solid states.
Cons: Tool-less hard drive rails don't "stay" attached unless screws are used, therefor I recommend using caution, as they slipped right out of my hands and I dropped a hard drive. Luckily it was a solid state and only about 3 inches to the desk. Not enough room behind motherboard tray for cables (side panel wont fit back on). No front panel USB 3.0.
Other Thoughts: Area's that could be improved:
A slot in the motherboard tray above the motherboard to allow for the 4/8 PIN EPS connector to run behind the motherboard tray and come out the top would of made it nice, but since the case doesn't have a clear window you can't see this anyways. A centering pin for the motherboard would have been a cool little "extra" feature, but since the motherboard didn't require any amount of force to get the screws to line up, not really an issue. Interior cables for front panel could have been a dark color to hide them better. The top could have come with holes allowing for two fans to be installed, allowing the use of a double radiator on the top. The air holes for the power supply on the bottom of the case are pretty small, my power supply is long and the fan over extends into the un-ventilated area. Using this case for a secondary computer, and honestly, I like it better than my $200+ full tower. If there was just enough room to squeeze an EATX board in this case, i'd use it and scrap the full tower, but cant due to the way the motherboard tray is designed.