Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
Pros: I love this OS so much. As a kid I was a 98 user. Grew up with XP, and for a couple years I had a computer that used Vista, which was awful. Windows 7 is so amazing. Get this one, don't get the Home version.
OEM means it'll only install on one machine ever, but that's all I needed. I would highly recommend getting this OEM version if you only need it for one machine, because it's so much cheaper.
Don't bother with 8. It's just Windows 7 with a few added issues and a "user-friendly" (see: dumbed-down) interface. I started building my new computer when Windows 8 was coming out. When a friend asked, "Are you going to wait until 8 comes out so you can get that OS with your new machine?" my only response was, "Why?"
No, get me 7. Only the best for my new baby. It is a worthy successor to XP.
Cons: Some games from the old days have compatibility issues, but you can usually find work-arounds for those. And it's to be expected anyway. Not everything new can work with everything old. If you think you'll be able to play your old games on XP Mode, think again. XP Mode is kinda pointless, since it's only really good for running old software of a non-game nature. So don't get your hopes up about it.
User Account Control is still there, like in Vista. But you can turn that off.
This review is from: Pixxo MO-R135U Wired 2000 dpi Thunderman Series DPI Switchable Gaming Mouse
Pros: I've had this mouse for half a year now, and it's still going strong. I play Starcraft II with this thing, which as you know involves a lot of clicking. A lot. So far, no issues. The buttons still work great. I love the feel of the mouse. I love the look. I love the two buttons on the side.
Would highly recommend this mouse. For the price it's perfect.
Cons: My hand sometimes gets a bit sweaty on it, but this probably reflects more on me than it does the mouse.
This is a bit nitpicky, but the cord is really thin. Thin cords can sometimes mean a short lifespan if the wires inside snap at all, such is the case with headphones. But so far mine's still alive, so I'm not taking an egg off for it or anything.
Pros: The picture quality is great. My laptop's screen just looks awful to me now, because I've been spoiled by this one. It really is beautiful. The colors are so vibrant, and accurate as far as I can tell.
It was a little bit bright when I first got it. Bright yellow was almost white. Colors can be adjusted though, and now it looks perfect to me. You have to fiddle with the settings to get it just right, but you can definitely get it just right. And now it's gorgeous.
Cons: The first one I got had LCD bleed really bad. About 20% of the screen from the left was pure LCD bleed. It was brighter than the other 80%. I'm on my second one now, which has a tiny bit of LCD bleed in the form of a thin, blurry line a little to the left of center. It's not noticeable unless I'm really looking for it on a pure black background, so it wasn't worth returning the screen again. I was afraid the third one would have even worse LCD bleed, so I stuck with the second.
But the fact that both screens had some amount of LCD bleed is pretty telling, so I had to take an egg off for that. The build quality is probably kind of low, so just beware. I like it, but I wouldn't buy it again if only because I'd be afraid of getting one with LCD bleed, and I'm a perfectionist.
Other Thoughts: If you think that me getting two bleeders in a row was just a fluke, or you have a history of good luck, then by all means buy this screen. In spite of my rant about LCD bleeding, it's still lovely.
And yes, the screen can wobble. You don't notice it unless you're typing hard though. At least, I don't.
Display Name: Richard S.
Date Joined: 03/01/09
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.