Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Nexus BASIC D12SL-12 120mm Case cooler
Pros: 1. These actually are quiet. I had a couple of stock case fans (made by cooler master) that these replaced. The noise level difference was utterly astounding. Comparatively speaking, I can't even hear these.
2. They're cheap, under $15 is a good deal.
3. They're 3 pin but come with molex adapters for the power supply should you need them.
4. Decent air movement. My temps before putting these in were idle at 30C and max load at 55C. With these in I get the same numbers. Same numbers, quieter fan = win.
Cons: None yet.
Other Thoughts: I really don't have much to add. These are cheap fans that make little to no noise and move enough air that my idle and CPU temps aren't affected from the louder (albeit more powerful) fans they replaced. If they ever come back in stock, these are highly recommended. I have 2 of them as dual intake fans on my HAF 912 and they do the job I ask them to do: intake fresh air into my case to cool my components.
This review is from: Silverstone CPF01 3.94" PWM Fan Splitter Cable
Pros: 1. It is, in fact, a 3/4-pin splitter that allows you to connect 2 fans to a single motherboard slot.
2. It was cheap.
3. The cables are (mostly) sleeved (an unnoticed bonus)
4. It works. Both fans are running at this very moment.
Cons: I supposed they could've had an option for a longer one. This one gets the job done but I needed an extension (see other thoughts)
Other Thoughts: I bought this to connect my two intake fans on my HAF 912 to my motherboard so I could control the fan speed. The front of my case to the top of my mobo (ASUS M5A97 R2.0) is a pretty decent distance so on top of this I also had to buy a 3/4-pin extension.
It works, though, and all 4 of my case fans are under somewhat reasonable control (they're 3-pin and not 4-pin so I don't have le-ultimate control) and it only required 3 slots on my mobo. Mission accomplished. Would recommend.
This review is from: Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 with Stereo Sound for Multiple Devices, Black
Pros: 1. These speakers sound really good. Better than they should at this price range.
2. They look nice. Big and imposing. They frame a monitor quite nicely.
3. The power cable, headphone jack, and cable between the two satellites are more than long enough for a dual monitor set up (a 24" and a 17")
4. They're relatively inexpensive.
5. After about 3 months of use, there is no signs of cackling, popping, or fuzzy noises.
6. The build quality on these things are pretty good. Yes they are plastic but the speakers are heavy and thick. I feel like these could take a pretty substantial fall and still work (although I do not plan on allowing that to happen).
Cons: 1. Took me about an hour to adjust my computer's EQ to hit the sweet spot with these things.
Other Thoughts: So when I first plugged these in, the highs and bass were really weak and that was disappointing. However (at least in Windows) you can adjust the EQ in the Sound section in the Control Panel. It takes a bit of adjusting (personal tastes differ of course) but after I toned the mids down a little bit, boosted the bass and highs a bit (and I mean just a tad, nothing monumental), and gave these about a day to "burn in", everything sounded phenomenal.
Overall, I'd recommend these speakers. For $35 I don't think you can do much better than these. I haven't tested all of them so I can't say so definitively, but after the tweaking I couldn't be happier with how these sound. The only question is how long they last but after 3 months they don't exhibit the kind of cackling and popping noises you get with bad speakers, so I'm hopeful. Would recommend and purchase again.