Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - great price
- nice brushed aluminium case (solid)
- 9mm adapter
- 3yrs + 2 warranty (hope company will still be in business and honor any claims! - no pun intended)
- speeds as advertised!
Cons: - old controller SF-2200 (reported by HD Sentinel) or SF-2281 as found in an online review of S60 240GB, no specification on mfg webpage
- speed not on par with current SSD mainstream, but, you knew that!
Other Thoughts: Installed without any problems and worked right off.
I am not using this as a boot drive, but I filled about 40% of the drive's capacity and then I ran ATTO Benchmark, AS SSD and CrystalDiskMark: in all of them I got results very close to what manufacturer specified on Newegg's page!!!
And this on an AMD based system (Asus M5A99X EVO rev 2.0 + FX-8320 + 8Gb PC3-14900 G.Skill memory using Windows 8.1 x64 and Antivirus active).
To sum this up, I'd say this product lives to expectations and I would recommend it to a friend.
Pros: There are a lot of pros for this starting with hardware and ending with Open Source, so I will stick to my own experience:
- Did a couple of updates, decided for Merlin firmware, set it and forget about, not even a need for reset.
- Mostly used for wireless: 2 desktops, 2 laptops, 2 tablets, 3 phones, wireless printer and one magic jack - all working nice, no issues in a 3br ranch home.
- Torrent client works acceptable for me.
Cons: - only 300Mbps - but I knew that when I bought it.
- a bit pricey nowadays
- wireless may not be enough for HD content
- after a power loss, MagicJack (ver.2) will not work, I need to unplug and plug it back once the router is up...
- powerful LED lights :)
Other Thoughts: I hate to spend time configuring and waiting to see if there are no issues, so once I decided that Merlin firmware has everything i need and it's stable, I set up the router and forget about it; not even a reset was needed and it is working flawlessly for a couple of months now.
I'm a bit worried about reviews stating that unit died after 2 years... time will tell!
Pros: Fast when it is working.
Refurbished, but looks like new, SMART reports 100% life left, Power on hours count, writes and reads all under 10.
Cons: First one was a DOA so I RMA with newegg. It took a week to reach my home, DHL via USPS like a snail; thanks for going green newegg :)
Still needs to stand the mark of time, since I'm using it for only a couple of days.
Other Thoughts: Overall a decent deal, may be good if you are lucky.
I installed the new drive into an external USB and worked right off the bat. After a couple of minutes I moved it into my box and all worked as expected.
SMART status shows all ok, now I remember on my first drive, SMART had two warnings (don't remember exactly, but I think Reallocated Sector Count was one of them).
I hope it lasts!
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.