Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Supports dual SAS connection, sata2, four 2.5 inch drives in a single 5.25 inch bay, with single molex power. Claims hot-swap support, but of course you'll need sas/sata adapter that fully supports it. Fan really quiet.
Cons: Hotswap may cause glitch for other drives in bay, causing failures in all three other drives. Need to use original screws to fit, any others will prevent closing, so don't strip the screws!
Other Thoughts: For cost, was perfection.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SUPERMICRO MBD-X9DR3-F-O SSI EEB Server Motherboard Dual LGA 2011 DDR3 1600
Pros: * Sandy Bridge-EP support
* Works well with Windows Server 2008 R2
* Updated BIOS (v1.0c) appears to support Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012
-- Thank you, SuperMicro, for fixing the _INI bug!
* Integrated KVM (IPMI/BMC) over dedicated ethernet port (critical for physical separation of networks)
* Memory mirroring support
* Memory sparing support
* SuperMicro support is excellent for supported OSs
- Walked me through restoration of firmware for BMC/IPMI due to corrupted BMC state, over the phone
Cons: These are not significant enough to lose a star, but rather things to be aware of.
* Heatsink must be "narrow" type. Fewer choices than square mounts.
* May need to update both the BMC (aka IP based KVM, aka IPMI) and the BIOS upon receipt
- BMC shipped with old revision of firmware, which can cause significant loss-of-connectivity issues
- BIOS must be at least v1.0c to install Windows 8 / Server 2012
Other Thoughts: This is an update to a prior feedback from 6/20/2012.READ FULL REVIEW
Cons: noneREAD FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.