Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Easily beats out the fastest USB 3.0 adapters I've found by nearly 2x on download (RX)
- Tops out near theoretical maximum of 433mbps in each direction
- Better range than USB adapter since it uses the entire antenna on your laptop which usually wraps around the screen
Cons: - Caps out on RX around 370-380mbps for me according to LAN Speed Test, slightly short of theoretical 433mbps
- Slower upload (TX) speeds around 280mbps, maybe owing to the antenna configuration on my particular laptop
Other Thoughts: - Same 2x2 as the fastest USB adapters but my laptop only has 2 antennas anyway
- Haven't tried simultaneous RX/TX since I don't see an option for that in LAN Speed Test but I don't doubt the 650-750mbps others are reporting
- My laptop (Acer Aspire V5) is supposed to be a difficult "complete teardown" for any kind of replacement. It's a breeze as long as you open it from the bottom. The casing pops right off without any cables or ribbons to unhook, making for an easy <15 minute install
- I have far more experience with desktops and I've only swapped an SSD into a laptop before. Don't let this scare you, it's not at all difficult
- The router I'm using is an Asus RT-AC68U, it's one of the newest as of Nov. '13 but still "draft" AC. 80mhz is needed on the 5ghz band to get these speeds
Pros: No dorpouts with this adapter, clean driver install, no issues at all. The only surprise was that it was able to hit 250mbps which according to the 433/150mbps spec should not be possible, but it did max out there several times on Rx speed. Looks great too and doesn't get nicked like bigger adapters.
Cons: None yetREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: Hits 100 MBytes / sec on every machine I tried it on, and probably capped by my interface at 20-5 MByte / sec write, Also picked up a 6' extender (StarTech) and speeds are not at all diminished.
I read some of the other reviews, so I thought I'd mention the cap fits very well on the back of the drive. No issues there. It's one of the coolest looking and smallest flash drives I've had
Cons: None, but don't misplace it because it can take a while before you find it given how small it is.
Other Thoughts: Delivers true on USB 3.0READ FULL REVIEW