Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad U510 59347424 15.6" Ultrabook
Pros: Very slick/sleek looking
Cons: 1. When the battery drains down to 20% - wifi performance tanks
2. Under 10% of battery left - it will shut the wifi OFF completely - and will not turn it back on. There is no physical wifi switch - it's software operated - but is not easy to access.
3. The USB 2.0 ports intermittently stop working.
4. My power-management utility stopped charging the battery fully. It would only charge up to 50% and would not charge the battery more.
5. Tech-support addressed the battery not charging fully problem by having me uninstall the original power management utility and install a new one - now the battery drains in just over 2 hours
6. The touch-pad occasionally causes chrome to crash and immediately reopen.
7. There's a low battery beep that starts beeping when the battery's down to 10%. It's extremely loud and obnoxious. Unlike every other laptop I've ever used - it cannot be shut off. It's part of the BIOS programming and with the new BIOS UEFI software. It's so loud it can be heard over everything. Not only that - it doesn't even stop beeping when you shut the lid - you have to shutdown.
Other Thoughts: If all you want is a "pretty" laptop to sit on your desk - go ahead. You'll probably be fine. But if you want to work off battery for school, work etc - then keep shopping.
I've used laptops for over 20 years and used numerous brands - this is the only one I've ever returned.