Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: A good idea if they would have made it with quality parts
Cons: Quality is terrible, screen died within one month, showing multiple dead pixels in multiple locations on the screen. I bought this item brand new, paid full price, because I did not want to deal with problems! Wanted a pristine experience out of box. Bought the dock and a case and SD cards, spent quite a bit on this machine, only to be hugely disappointed. Put it in a case as soon as it was unboxed, babied it and never even took it outside the house. Not dropped, not even bumped, I mean I treated it like it was fragile, b/c I spent a lot on it and wanted it to last. I did not use it much, an hour or two a day maybe. Probably closer to about 40 hours on it total. Then while reading one night a month into my ownership I noticed a smudge on the screen. I could not clean it with my soft, scratch resistant cloth, so I took it to look under a light. It was a patch of dead pixels! I was horrified. Called Asus and all they would do, despite it being under warranty and brand new, was to have me pay to send it back and they would fix the digitizer. So I would have just paid full retail for a refurbished tablet. Very poor business practices. Absolutely refused to replace even tho only a month old. Before packing it up, I ran an app that shows dead pixels (by displaying blank diff colored screens) and it showed another area of dead pixels on the other side of the screen from the first set. Research on the internet about my problem showed me this is a BIG problem and common with this model. I guess that is why there are so many refurbished versions for sale usually. I believe there is some defect inherent to the manufacturing process or the design or something that causes all these defective digitizers. And Asus seems to be laughing all the way to the bank, selling this junk and then making people pay to have them fixed and also selling all these defective ones as refurbs - good as new. I guess they are "good as new" as the new ones are rubbish as well. Doing research on my problem I ran into so many anecdotal stories on the internet about sending the tablet back again and again and again and it never being fixed properly. Now I am stuck with this stupid dock and case and I have to sell them for a loss probably. WILL NEVER BUY FROM ASUS AGAIN. I find them and their actions horrible, offensive and reprehensible.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Heavy enough for use a paperweight??
Cons: ORPHANED PRODUCT NO LONGER SUPPORTED AND WARRANTIES NOT RESPECTED.
JUST DON'T BUY THIS DESPITE THE LOW PRICE. POOR VALUE FOR MONEY, CAN GET A REALLY DECENT 7" TABLET FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
Gosh, where to start...
1. Pandigital went out of business and their assets were bought by a foreign company, and this tablet is not being supported and no warranty is being respected. It's an orphan.
2. Prior to that the Customer and Tech Support were terrible... many promises of upgrade to the Android OS and feature upgrades never came.
3. It's crashes CONSTANTLY. You'll be resetting it pretty much every time you want to use it, every time. Time of use before reset ranges from 10 secs to um...maybe a few minutes in my experience.
4. It's slow and non-responsive, which is esp painful given the constant resetting required.
5. It's HEAVY and not easy to hold in the hand.
6. Stuck at an older proprietary (i.e. "crippled) version of Android that is no longer relevant and so many apps will not be useable
7. Cameras are laughable, poor out of focus muddy images which are not recognizable by my as the subject I was aiming at.
8. Sound volume is VERY LOW, warbles, and the speaker is on the back where it is often muffled. In short not great for listening or viewing media
9. Don't try using it on Netflix, the video stutters and freezes. Occasionally you can get it work, in my experience those times are random and far between.
10. Wireless strength is poor and signal drops often. it will report full strength signal...then not be able to do anything on the web because it is lying...there is not signal really.
11. Web browsing is painful and not really doable. The stock browser is nearly dial-up modem slow, and crashes and freezes quite often. Newer browsers like Dolphin are too much for this puny tablet and simply crash and freeze constantly. You don't surf the web, you just sort of slowly sink and drown.
12. The screen resolution is poor and the images are muddy and washed out.
... and last but not least...
13. It is pretty had to find accessories for it (as an unpopular and now orphaned device).
It just doesn't work as it should and you will spend WAY MORE time and energy trying to get it to do so then if you had just spent, oh I don't know, say a measly two Andrew Jacksons more and got a refurb or sale price Samsung Tab 2 7.0".
Given all the choices on the market presently there is NO REASON to but this poorly executed piece of tech that is excrementally bad.
Other Thoughts: Please do not make the same mistake I made.
I feel very slighted by Pandigital and find their broken promises and refusal to honor warranties very disturbing.
This review is from: IOGEAR GCS634U MiniView USB KVM Switch with audio and cables
Pros: Video switching works decently, easy to configure keys, very little lag in switch over
Cons: AUDIO does not work properly, you will ALWAYS get a horribly annoying buzzing sounds at anything above medium levels.
Other Thoughts: I bought this unit a couple years ago. 2 HUGE PROBLEMS:
1. The video works decently, except when you switch back to MAC OS X your screen resolution will ALWAYS be a default 640x480, until the system realizes you switched over, and it flashes the screen again, and resets to your proper Mac resolution. This is very annoying!
2. AUDIO NEVER WORKS PROPERLY. I can get sound out of both systems, but if I raise the volume to anything approaching more than 50% I get an annoying buzzing sounds, ALWAYS. IOGEAR support originally said it was b/c I had a 2.1 setup (Cambridge Soundworks), so I switched to a 2.0 system (Creative Speakers) and have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM! These are both $100 speakers systems with good shielding, not rubbish -- it's their KVM that's rubbish! It's a cruel trick on Mac Mini users that they foist it on us with a "it fits beneath your Mini" line - bc it does not perform as promised.
Used a couple IOGEAR GCS632U MiniViews & they broke w/in a year. Poor qual
Display Name: Louis K.
Date Joined: 09/19/07
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.