Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - High storage capacity.
- 3 year warranty.
- Very fast. Pulls 140 MB/s sequentially! Faster than my WD blacks.
- Solid RAID performance. 330+ MB/s in soft RAID. No dropouts.
Cons: - A little pricey. Although you get what you pay for.
Other Thoughts: Been running four of these drives in BTRFS RAID 10 with 6 months of uptime, with no issue.
One drive came from elsewhere and the other three came from NewEgg. Was packaged great and no failures to this day. Lets hope they have a long life. My WD blacks, which are similar to these have been going strong in my desktop for four years now.
Pros: - Small and slim
- Windows 7 Pro
- Good price
- Matte screen: No glare!
- Lots of storage
- CPU is surprisingly fast
- GPU is also capable: Plays Minecraft at over 100 FPS and 1080p YouTube no issue.
- AMAZING battery life: Best I've ever had. ~8 hours.
- Amazing build quality: One of the most durable laptops I've ever had. No creaking.......very solid. Metal and fiberglass. Although has some plastic too.
- Great keyboard: Everyone else was saying how the keyboard is bad, but honestly it is really good
Cons: - Very slow HDD
- Says warranty is already registered
- Bloat.....lots of it
- Bios is locked down and unable to flash them
- Screen has poor brightness and mediocre colors
Other Thoughts: Stock 5400 RPM HDD is very sluggish and would randomly hang. Upgraded to a 256 GB Crucial M500 SSD and it is blazing fast now, with no hiccups.
I wanted to update my BIOS, but have been unable to, since it is for some reason locked. Acer provides next to no information on how to fix it either. I guess I will just stick to this BIOs version.
Also be aware that you cannot reinstall Windows from a disc, since it won't activate with the OEM key. You must use their hidden partition recovery instead, which is a pain. I got around this......but that is a long story.
As for the warranty, the problem is that when I tried to register, it said that this laptop warranty was already registered to someone else. I have to still find time to contact support and hopefully they should be able to resolve the issue.
All in all, I am still giving it 5 stars, because for a $400 laptop it is amazing.
This review is from: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Server Memory Model CT2KIT51272BD160B
Pros: - It's RAM
- Works like RAM
Cons: - It's high priced..
Other Thoughts: Seriously though, it is RAM and does it's job. No errors or crashes after about 100 days of uptime.READ FULL REVIEW