Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Nexus LOW-7000 R2 120mm Endurance-Sleeve Bearing Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler
Pros: This cooler is fantastic. I put it on an ITX board, and it fits with only one problem. First off, mount it with the copper pipes facing downward. That will give you access to power headers and whatnot at the top of your mobo. The other stipulation is that you need to get memory without a cooling jacket -- otherwise, there won't be enough clearance.
The other reviewers have mentioned a whining noise from the fan and difficulty mounting. For an LGA 1155 socket, I found the mounting to be no more difficult than the next cooler. Don't be fooled. Additionally, one of my primary objectives for my build was next-to-silence noise levels. This thing is really, really quiet and the bundled fan doesn't make any weird noises at all.
Cons: The one problem I'm having is that the copper pipes smash into protruding screws on a video card in the PCI slot. This unit was designed to clear any cards in the first PCI slot underneath the CPU socket, but video cards have screws that stick out the back, and I had the unfortunate luck of having that interfere. Still deciding how to resolve this, but this product would definitely be better if the copper pipes didn't take up so much lateral space.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Pretty much an "install-and-forget" component. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with it.
- No noise. Clearly, no fans, but not even an electrical hum or anything like that.
- Efficient. Nice to have something that's more eco-friendly these days
- Modular. Great for ITX cases where extra cabling is a pain.
Cons: - For such a green power supply, the packaging sure isn't...
- If you just need one PCI-E power connecter, you have to plug both in, meaning you'll still have to coil one up and tuck it away
This review is from: H67M-ITX/HT LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
Pros: - Very stable, no bluescreens. Granted, with good ram (8GB)
- Audio is problem-free for a little over a year
- Decent UEFI bios. I give it a 3/5 compared to Asus' 5/5
- Plenty of ports and blacked-out I/O shield
- Great for its formfactor
Cons: - WiFi is poorly engineered and became unstable after 9 months of ownership. The signal started to intermittently die, causing frequent drops in connection.
- WiFi requires use of a ultra-cheap feeling antenna that looks like a paddle. I ended up buying a WiFi USB card with the antenna in the back with great results.
Other Thoughts: - I do not use the integrated video, no part of the rating reflects this component.
- Do not buy for the WiFi!
- This is an H67 chipset, so remember that by design it does not overclock. You're almost better off going with the newer Z68 chipset at this point.