Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: D-Link DCS-7513 Surveillance/Network Camera - Color
Pros: 1. Greate picture quality. Does 1900/1200(15fps) in 4x3 mode.
2. Easy to install.
3. POE eliminates the need to run a power line to camera.
Cons: 1. Motion dection can be a bit complex to setup. The motion detection will often trip over meaningless things such as a cloud passing over.
2. The camera has a bundle of wires for unnecessary things such as BNC output or audio output. These wires can be removed by taking the camera apart, but unlike other dlink cameras I've purchased the box does not include a blank stopper for the hole.
3. Setup web page only works 100% from Internet Explorer. The web interface has some controls that don't work property from Firefox(Linux) or Safari(MacOSX).
Other Thoughts: Two things to watch out for with the install.
1. The mounting plate is buried under a piece of cardboard and is hard to find. I almost sent the camera back because it took awhile to find the plate.
2. As mentioned, the web interface only works with IE. I though the camera for broken when I first opened it because the zoom was not working because I was using Firefox for the inital setup. Luckly, I tried using Internet Explorer before sending it back.
Pros: 8 external drives + 4 SSD drive slots.
3 huge fans are nearly silent.
Compact size for the amount of storage space
Keeps the drives and MB very cool
Cons: Requires a separate power supply which adds to the cost
Trays are cheap plastic rather then metal
Fan filters are attached by cheap magnetics and can fall off quite easily
Other Thoughts: I've purchased two of these over the course of a month of so and I'm relatively happy. I have 8 3.5 drives plus 1 SSD boot drive with a fanless asrock mini-itx motherboard. Surprisingly, the system is very quite and the board stays very cool with the 3 huge fans.
I took off an egg because of the cons which could have been easily fixed. I do realize that the better cases tend to require a separate supply since the manufacturer doesn't really know what your requirements are.
I did not test the hot swap capability of the case.
This review is from: BELKIN A7J304-250 250 ft. Cat 5E Gray Color Network Cable
Pros: 1. Stranded as opposed to solid
2. Shipped in a pull box as opposed to bulk
3. Includes a clip on the pull hole to prevent the cable from going back in the box
Other Thoughts: These are stranded cables, not solid which makes them great for making patch cords of <= 10-15 feet. This cable is not meant for long runs. Most people use solid cable with punch blocks for long runs.
I am not seeing any packet loss with ping or any noticeable signal degradation. Making custom length patch cables can be very difficult requiring the proper tools and knowhow. I would recommend that most people buy pre-made patch cables instead.