Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Easy to setup
Full Size desktop card supported
Lots of ports available
Built in wireless
Cons: Installing 3.5" drive is a pain because you need to remove the bay - Takes an extra 5 minutes.
Instructions are kinda skimpy.
Other Thoughts: Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I bought 2 of these to sit side by side with our iMac 27's. I got sick of rebooting into windows to play games so I bought these.
I used the following hardware:
1. Intel Core i5-4690 Haswell 3.5GHz (stock cooler)
2. Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (low profile)
3. Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX
4. MSI Gaming N770 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770
5. Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5
6. ViewSonic VX2770SMH-LED 27-Inch
7. Windows 8
The motherboard that comes in the case is the following :
1. Z87I GAMING AC (http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z87I_GAMING_AC.html#support)
So far I have no complaints, everything is running super smooth. I've been playing bf4 - ultra, smooth as silk. Same for wildstar, COD, D3, etc... No issues.
In the future I plan to upgrade the RAM and maybe replace the stock cooler if temps become an issue but so far I haven't noticed any cooling issues. All temps are well below acceptable ranges under load.
I did install 2 120mm fans on the side as I had a few laying around. In the instructions it states these are only needed with certain video cards but I figured I might as well go ahead and install them since I was using stock cpu coolers.
Display Name: Kristian C.
Date Joined: 03/22/08
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.