Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Lowered my temps a few degrees from the Intel stock cooler for my new i5-4460
- Silent. Even at full processor load the fan only spins up to 1700 rpm, and is still silent. At idle, only 1200 rpm.
- Relatively straight-forward install, but see Other Thoughts for my little hiccup.
- Fit inside my case, and I didn't have to remove my MB to install (most of the reason for the 5 eggs).
- The connection to the base seems quite sturdy. I was worried before buying about the cooler falling off or breaking the motherboard if I tried to ship it, but I think it will be fine. The cooler is not top heavy at all.
Cons: - The fan is really "thick". When you think of a normal 92mm fan, the one on this cooler is about 1.5 to 2 times as thick as that. This makes the fan protrude pretty far. It covers up one of my RAM slots and nearly gets in the way of my HDD cables in my mATX case.
- There is no guidance on how tight to make the screws as they connect from the heatsink clamp to the mounting bracket. I don't want to ship this system and find out that it (1) broke through the motherboard due to too much tightening or (2) fell off (jiggled too much) or had bad thermal performance from not enough tightening
Other Thoughts: The install was a breeze. Just follow the pictures. The only part that took me a long time was getting the fan back onto the heatsink. For some reason it just didn't want to clip in. It only ended up working after I clipped in one side and rotated the other side down to clip.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SilenX EFX-09-12 92mm Effizio Quiet Case Fan
Pros: - Pretty much silent. I can't tell if it is the fan or air moving past the grating that makes some noise.
- Rubber mounts seem like a good idea, but can be very difficult to install in smaller cases.
Cons: - Pretty minimal airflow, but you don't generally buy 92mm fans to push air into a case, only to aid in pulling the air out.
Other Thoughts: Best purchased on sale.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SilenX Effizio EFX-12-12 120mm Effizio Quiet Case Fan
Pros: - Straight-forward install
- Quite silent
- Impressive amount of airflow for the level of noise
Cons: - Probably not worth it unless you get it on sale, like I did
Other Thoughts: The other reason I got it was to swap out a blue LED 120mm fan. It seems that many of the best fans nowadays only have options with LEDs, which isn't a great option if you sleep in the same room as your computer and leave it running all night.READ FULL REVIEW