Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: TOSHIBA Canvio Basics 3.0 1TB USB 3.0 2.5" Portable Hard Drive HDTB110XK3BA Black
Pros: Got it for a good price, though it seems like they're trying just to clear stock of these. (see cons) Feels and looks nice.
Cons: The most important trait of any HDD ought to be reliability and data integrity. I have no faith in these drives whatsoever.
Originally, I ordered 2 1TB drives to backup some very important data; personal & professional. After running numerous chkdsk tests for well over 12 hours - with and without repair, it fails to complete successfully on both units. Using Seagate SeaTools, both drives failed the long generic tests. After receiving 2 replacements with an RMA to Newegg, I experienced the same exact results - all failed tests.
4 of 4 drives have been unreliable.
Other Thoughts: Since the initial tests on the original drives, RMA process and testing on these replacements, I've fallen out of the 30 day window with Newegg to get my money refunded. I have no intention of getting in touch with Toshiba as I don't want any more of their products - at least their HDDs. I've since ordered some WDs, and will likely use these Toshiba drives for either very temporary transfer of data or just toss them in the trash.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Mostly (see 'deal-breaker' below) excellent build quality / fit, finish & materials
- Lots of buttons and possible configs
- Hardware playback
- Internal memory for saving profiles
- Extremely responsive
- Looks even better in RL, very classy
- No snag braided cable
- Thumb button placement for the most part
For most, this is will be an outstanding mouse at an unbeatable price. The soft touch metal outer casing makes the mouse feel smooth to the touch and comfortable for extended play without feeling slippery. The build quality and materials are excellent and the hardware playback feature is great for those who want to build custom macros that WILL work in pretty much every imaginable app, games or otherwise. That is, of course, once you learn to use the software by going through the user guide (yes, you will have to do this):
Desperately wanted to love this mouse, but...
- There is a very small (unintentional) gap between where the thumb buttons 'click' and the actual actuation of the button
The aforementioned is a NON-ISSUE for those who bind mouse buttons in such a way that they will simply click & release. For some gaming, I have all movement bound to my mouse; I'm actually able to leave the button depressed without the button being active leading to unexpected stuttered movement
- Software not exactly intuitive (non-issue once you run through the guide)
- No weight adjustment
- The right-click overhangs the rest area for the ring and pinky slightly (you may have to adjust ring finger placement if it hangs off the mouse too far forward causing potential mis-clicks)
- Two thumb buttons are a challenge to reach and press without much contortion or hitting adjacent buttons -- In a profile view, the horizontal button placed the furthest toward the front and the smallest vertical button placed nearest the bottom and palm
Other Thoughts: Subjective:
- A little heavier than anticipated
- Sensitive left and right click mouse buttons (a bit much for my tastes, experienced numerous mis-clicks)
- Firm thumb buttons
- Saw some occasional cursor drift without touching the mouse, BUT I attribute that to my mouse pad -- just be aware that you may need a new mouse pad if you experience the drift, so don't blame the mouse immediately
Deal-breaker details; the inability to hold down the thumb buttons without a consistent and reliable actuation of the button itself is devastating to the usability of the mouse for me personally. Just to clarify; it is NOT A FLAW in my particular mouse. I'm able to find with very subtle pressure changes the point at which the button becomes active and inactive - all while being under the 'click'. It's truly disappointing such a small engineering or manufacturing oversight makes this fantastic mouse incompatible with my personal play style.
Should be a 4.5 egg rating for the majority of peop
Display Name: Anonymous
Date Joined: 09/27/05
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.