Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Lenovo U310 13" Touch Intel Core i5 4GB / 500GB HDD (59365302)
Pros: I've had this laptop for almost two months now and I've noticed a few recurring issues with the laptop, but most if it you could really justify because you're trading specs for the quality of build at this price.
- Definitely a good buy for the price,
- Has an i5
- 13 inch display that's pretty clear
- Very snappy with average use, but really struggles when trying to run any game
- Keyboard feels nice to type on and the touchscreen works very well. I didn't plan on using it, but with Windows 8 it's so smooth and often works really well with the UI.
The specs on paper are pretty good and it performs well, especially for the price.
Cons: - Has a good bit of flex to pretty much every surface. When typing I can visibly see the panel around the keys flexing. When grabbing the laptop you can feel and see the casing flex. The build quality really isn't all that high.
- The touchpad randomly crashes or freezes at points just from normal use. I'm aware there is a button that disables the touchpad and that is definitely not the issue.
- Battery life isn't amazing, but again, it's a 13 inch ultrabook with an i5 for $600. The pricing is really the selling point on this.
- The WiFi is kind of spotty. I often find myself unable to connect whereas others have no issues getting a connection. Not sure if that's a network or hardware issue, but it is a recurring even with this ultrabook so I feel it's worth a mention.
Other Thoughts: While there are a good bit of flaws with this laptop, it's a pretty good buy. You get what you pay for and so far the U310 is a pretty good bang for your buck. If you can spare the money I would try and get the next model up. The higher-tier lenovo ultrabooks often offer the same, if not better, specs but have a much better build quality.READ FULL REVIEW