Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: BIOSTAR B75MU3B LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: Painless setup. Good performance. Cheap. USB3.
Cons: Only 1 SATA 6.0 Port, but w/e.
Other Thoughts: Using for media server machine coupled with Intel Celeron G1610 Ivy Bridge 2.6GHz LGA 1155 55W Desktop Processor BX80637G1610 - just a bunch of shared drives, no RAID. Performance is just fine. Would've liked another SATA port, but external USB3 streaming speeds are smoking.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Cheap. Onboard video works great. Cheap.
Other Thoughts: I use this CPU as the basis for a file-sharing machine running Win 7. The machine is also used by my wife for FB, websurfing and that stupid spider solitaire game. Performance is better than I had hoped - perfectly servicable for web tasks, including browser games. Onboard video plays massive HD .mkvs with no issue. Very pleased.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: USB 2.0 Wireless Gaming Controller Receiver Adapter For Xbox 360 Xbox360
Pros: Was cheap and lets me use my 360 controller on my computer.
Cons: Sometimes forgets driver after reboot and needs to be reminded.
Other Thoughts: I have used this successfully on Win 7 and Win 8 - in each case, Windows will fail to identify the device on its own, but the drivers are already present on the machine.
Instructions for installation:
1. Plug it in
2. Go to Device Manager and find the "unknown device" with a question mark
3. right-click the device, choose Update Driver
4. Browse my computer
5. Let me pick from a list
6. in Win 8, the right choice is all the way at the bottom of the list, called Xbox 360 peripherals
7. Choose Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
8. It will complain that the driver is not verified or something - just click through
9. Once done, click the button on the dongle and the sync button on the controller - should display upper-left quadrant on the controller's light ring as having connected
Occasionally I had to repeat these steps after a reboot, but just takes a sec once you know what you're looking for.