Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: IOGEAR GCS1642 2-Port Dual View Dual Link DVI KVMP Switch with Audio
Pros: This device is a perfect solution for a home office with 2 computers and 2 monitors. It is very easy to use and tiny, sitting between my two monitors' bases for easy access.
Cons: I had 2 minor issues, but found a workaround for both:
1) USB keyboard/mouse emulation ports on the back of the device did not work for my Microsoft wireless set. I did not spend much time to get them working though, because the shared USB port on the front works perfectly. The only drawback is the USB plug-in sound every time I switch to the other computer, but since both devices continue to work perfectly fine after every switch, I don't mind.
2) I have no idea why, but time to time, I end up losing the display on my second monitor. This only happened twice in the last 2 months though. If you can't get it to work again after rebooting your computer, just turn off everything, then only turn on the switch, then the monitors, and then finally the computers.
Other Thoughts: If I ever need to buy a switch for home use, I will definitely go with an IOGEAR one.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - No dead pixels as far as I can see with the dead pixel tests.
- Extra large (anything larger than this wouldn't probably fit my table).
- Everything (image/text) looks great on it.
- Looks nice.
Cons: - 1920x1200 would better match the dimensions, but 1080p is good enough.
- Attaching the base was weird.
This review is from: LINKSYS PLK300 Powerline AV Network Kit Up to 200Mbps
Pros: - Easy to setup. Just plugged them in and the network was up and running.
- Now I can get all the equipment (video game consoles, DVR, etc.) connected to my network without purchasing additional wireless cards.
Cons: - My speed test shows that it actually is 1.75x faster than my 802.11g network, not up to 3.7x as it should have been.
- I had to reset the routers several times to set up a new password.
- Local network ping time is around 4-6ms (was ~1ms with my 802.11g network).
Other Thoughts: It is faster than my 802.11g wireless network even the ping time is worse and the connection is much more stable. No drops, consistent speed.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Serdar O.
Date Joined: 01/06/05
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.