Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
--Online Retailer Makes Shopping for Tech-Savvy Dads Easier--
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif., June 5, 2013 -- Newegg Inc., the leading electronics-focused e-retailer in the United States, today announced findings from its recent Father’s Day survey. In addition to highlighting just what dad wants for his special day this year, the survey shows what sons and daughters plan to do—or would do if resources allowed—for the man responsible for shaping and influencing their lives.
In the United States, Father’s Day is a cherished occasion that brings families together to celebrate and show appreciation for “dear ol’ dad.” To better understand how dads and children celebrate Father’s Day, Newegg surveyed 3,772 participants about their gift ideas and planned activities this June 16th.
Survey findings include:
- 68 percent of respondents plan to give their dads tech gadgets, as opposed to tools, dinner at a nice restaurant or tickets to a sporting event.
- The top choice for what children would give their fathers if they had an unlimited budget and resources is the ability to retire (41 percent). This beats out other potential gifts such as a trip of a lifetime (20 percent), more time with the kids (14 percent), a luxury car (13 percent) and a vacation home (11 percent).
- A nose hair trimmer is the least desired gift according to 29 percent of dads surveyed. This is followed closely by a “World’s Greatest Dad” t-shirt and a necktie, at 25 percent each.
- The majority of dads feel the ideal way to spend Father’s Day is at home with the family (61 percent).
- 71 percent of respondents feel Father’s Day becomes more meaningful as they grow older.
“Father’s Day is the perfect reason to get together with family and show your father or your children just how much you care and appreciate them,” said Jacob Shin, vice president of customer acquisition at Newegg. “Newegg has great gift options for the tech-savvy dad, from DSLR cameras and video games to ultrabooks and tablets. We hope everyone enjoys spending quality time with their families this Father’s Day!”
Newegg is currently running a “Cool Tech Gifts for Rad Dads & Grads” promotion at www.newegg.com/DadsnGrads that features more than 140 deals on leading tech gadgets and electronics. The sale expires on June 10, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
About Newegg Inc.
Newegg Inc. is the leading electronics-focused e-retailer in the United States. It owns and operates Newegg.com (www.newegg.com) and NeweggBusiness.com (www.neweggbusiness.com), and regularly earns industry-leading customer service ratings. Newegg delivers a world-class e-commerce platform and is committed to serving the online technology community, from tech-enthusiasts to small and medium-sized businesses. Both Newegg.com and NeweggBusiness.com feature a comprehensive selection of the latest computer hardware and consumer electronics products, detailed product descriptions and images, as well as how-to information and customer reviews. Newegg Inc. was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in City of Industry, California.