- Email This Seller
SELLER ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED: This seller is no longer affiliated with Newegg.com.
Monday – Fridayy (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST/ No Weekend Hours
Thank you for shopping ChessCentral! We have been serving the Internet chess community since 1997, and have become one of the most popular sites for chess products and information on the world wide web. ChessCentral is owned and operated by Pickard & Son, LLC; as a North American chess book publisher, Pickard & Son has been creating first-class chess books since 1995 starting with The Games of Wilhelm Steinitz.
Pickard & Son is managed by the two founders and owners, whose expertise covers all aspects of the business. Sid Pickard has been a National Chess Master since 1985 and serves as CEO of the Company. With its staff consultants of Grandmasters, International Masters, National Masters, and Experts Pickard & Son has gained a reputation for offering only the best in chess.
Our vision is to build the most comprehensive chess product line and information resource available anywhere. Cutting-edge products and books (both paper and digital) are coupled with a drive to increase awareness about the benefits of interactive, on-line study as a fun way of improving chess performance. Emphasis is placed on directing chess players of every skill level, from casual beginners and novice players (along with their parents!) to serious tournament competitors, toward the information and products they need to succeed. We are committed to providing regular product information updates and individualized prescriptions for improvement.
We are proud to create and distribute the best in specialized chess information. In the past, knowledge about chess was poorly presented, expensive, and hard to obtain. We have been able to produce attractive products at an affordable price. Skills like manuscript writing, editing, typesetting, print preparation, proofreading, copy writing - not to mention management, marketing, web design - all these have been combined to create a top-notch catalog of chess software, DVDs, chess sets, books, CDs and e-books.
Presently, Pickard & Son has many active distributors worldwide, on every continent. We have earned a sterling reputation as the leader in cutting-edge chess. Thank for your interest in ChessCentral. We welcome your comments, suggestions, contributions - you may email us at email@example.com.
- Returns Policy
If you don't want it, we take it back - no questions asked. In other words, satisfaction guaranteed or your money back! If for any reason you are dissatisfied with a ChessCentral purchase, you can return it within 30 days of purchase with a copy of the return authorization from customer support and in the original packaging for full purchase price refund.
Software, DVDs, CDs, Downloads
Software, DVDs and CDs must not be opened. Products must not be shop worn, or outdated and be in resalable condition. If the product is defective we will replace it free. We stand behind our products 100%! Downloads are non-refundable. Most downloads can be evaluated by joining our FREE to join Member's Area at www.FreeChessArea.com. Please contact customer service before sending back a return for proper return address and instructions:
Chess Set and Chess Boards
Sets and boards have a 30 day return policy. We will refund all but our shipping charges (which range between $18-$30 depending on weight) and have a 10% repacking and restocking fee. This assumes that all returns are received in as-sent condition. Returns of chess boards are accepted, but be advised, that if not returned in mint condition we can not refund your money. Always, if a set or board arrives damaged, we will replace it free. Please be sure to keep the shipping packaging.
Holiday Season Returns
ChessCentral understands that you like to get you holiday shopping done early. From November 1 through December 25 any purchase can be returned (meeting the above conditions) by January 15 for refund. Remember, ChessCentral is happy to ship directly to anyone, anywhere in the world! So shop early and shop with confidence.
1. Log onto your Newegg.com account and find your order in order history, click on 'Request RMA from Seller' Button next to the order information.
2. On 'Compose Message Page', verify the order number you want to request return on the top of the page, choose 'RMA Inquiry' from the drop down menu, provide the item# (you can find on your order invoice e-mail) and the reason you want to return, and indicate you want to return for replacement or refund before click 'send message' button.
3. Once our Customer Service Representatives receive your inquiry, it will take us 24 - 48 hours to respond to your inquiry.
4. Once our Customer Service has verified your order information and approved for you to send the merchandise back to us, you will be provided with Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number for your return through e-mail. The e-mail contains RMA number, RMA details and important return shipping instruction. Read the instruction carefully before you ship your return merchandise back to us.
5. We strongly recommend you return your item in the same or similar packaging as they were delivered to you with all the original parts, accessories and menu/documentation included (any missing parts or accessories may result your return being rejected or your refund/replacement being delayed). Re-using the package your item came in is acceptable, as long as the packaging is in good condition and all previous addresses, tracking information and labels are removed.