- Email This Seller
SELLER ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED: This seller is no longer affiliated with Newegg.com.
Established in 1999, The Chess Store, Inc. is the world's leading chess retailer specializing in fine Staunton wood chess sets along with thousands of other chess products. Our exclusive chess set designs, large selection of high quality products, unmatched value, and excellent customer service are our trademark. We are continuously developing new and exciting products to promote the game of chess and meet the needs of chess players around the world. Our showroom, office and warehouse facilities are located in Hillsboro, Oregon, just a few miles outside of Portland.
- Returns Policy
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days of the ship date with no restocking fee! Merchandise must be received in new or otherwise original condition with all original packaging. Please call The Chess Store at 1.888.810.2437 to request a return authorization (RA) number.
The Chess Store DOES NOT reimburse shipping on returns except when the wrong item is shipped. The Chess Store will ONLY reimburse the original shipping amount based on UPS Ground shipping rates. The Chess Store will not reimburse actual shipping paid for by the customer using some other shipping company or third party shipper such as the UPS Store. The Chess Store will use its discretion when reimbursing for quality or defect reasons.
You may return any item for an exchange within 30 days. Exchanges shipped in advance of receiving returned items will be charged to your credit card. Upon receiving your returned item we will refund to your account the full price of the returned item. The Chess Store does not provide free shipping on exchanges.
The Chess Store does accept international orders. Please keep in mind that international shipping can be very expensive and customers are responsible for return shipping of a product for exchange or refund and including return of items deemed defective by the customer such as electronic chess games. Return shipping costs will be reimbursed if determined an error was made by The Chess Store.
Jaques of London Chess Sets
A 25% restocking fee shall be applied for returns that are not related to a defective chess piece, box, or damage caused by shipping. Customer is responsible for return shipping back to England. A return authorization is required that must be clearly marked on the package returned to England. Contact The Chess Store Customer Service at 1.888.810.2437 for a return authorization number.
1. Log onto your Newegg.com account and find your order in order history, click on 'Request RMA from Seller' Button next to the order information.
2. On 'Compose Message Page', verify the order number you want to request return on the top of the page, choose 'RMA Inquiry' from the drop down menu, provide the item# (you can find on your order invoice e-mail) and the reason you want to return, and indicate you want to return for replacement or refund before click 'send message' button.
3. Once our Customer Service Representatives receive your inquiry, it will take us 24 - 48 hours to respond to your inquiry.
4. Once our Customer Service has verified your order information and approved for you to send the merchandise back to us, you will be provided with Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number for your return through e-mail. The e-mail contains RMA number, RMA details and important return shipping instruction. Read the instruction carefully before you ship your return merchandise back to us.
5. We strongly recommend you return your item in the same or similar packaging as they were delivered to you with all the original parts, accessories and menu/documentation included (any missing parts or accessories may result your return being rejected or your refund/replacement being delayed). Re-using the package your item came in is acceptable, as long as the packaging is in good condition and all previous addresses, tracking information and labels are removed.