- 1920 x 1200 6 ms (GTG); 12ms
- DVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort, Component, S-Video, Composite
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
As good as it gets? 02/09/2009
Big & Beautiful! Full complement of cables. Rotation stand. No stuck pixels.
None, but I would like to have had a glossy screen option. They’re the best where glare and reflection can be controlled.
[Wasn't room in "other comments", so included here]...
Newegg should revise its “Egg Rating System”… so that one could leave a “defective unit” post but not as an egg rating. Rating a defective unit as “1-egg” adds nothing to the objective. Reviewers should post their eggs and comments only after determining their unit appears to work properly. We consumers want to know how good a unit is… its pros and cons… if a unit is defective, why should it be “rated” at all? And perhaps another option should be added… the ability to edit or change a prior egg rating and to explain why.
1. One prior poster complained about the text. His must have been defective, mine is sharp and clear. Other posters mentioned, “gets pretty warm/runs hot”… mine does not…. same as other monitors.
2. TFT Central used hardware calibrator and said, “Best black depth of any IPS panel we’ve tested (.17 nits)”… and “… Best color accuracy of any monitor we’ve reviewed…” They list the calibration settings as Brightness = 17, Contrast = 65, RGB, 251/235/242. That looked good except it appeared to be a little too much red, so I toned it down a bit.
3. I have an older Planar 24” with IPS panel, and it’s very good…. (that model has changed and is now made with a TN panel… yuk!... but at least they dropped the price to reflect the lesser panel)… They’re quite comparable, but I think I like this HP even a bit better.
12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!