- Android v2.3 Gingerbread
- 5.0 MP Rear Camera Front-Facing Camera
- Hummingbird chipset, PowerVR SGX540 GPU Processor 1.0 GHz
- Up to 13.33 hours (2G) / Up to 6.33 hours (3G) Talk Time
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Pure Google Phone (just note this phone has Super Clear LCD, not Super AMOLED) 12/23/2011
This review is from: Samsung Google Nexus S i9023 16GB 16GB Unlocked GSM Android Smart Phone 4.0" Black
- Pure Android OS that is comparable to iOS (phone received an OTA update to 4.0.3 on 12/13/11)
- Decent battery life (at least a full day with moderate usage to include voice, text and data)
- Light weight, but solid device.
- Older hardware (single core CPU)
- Does not have Super AMOLED (compared to I9020)
- Does not have micro SD slot for extra storage space
- Product provided by PDAGIANT (terrible support / RMA process based on prior experience that I have had with company)
- Limited accessories for phone
Purchased the Nexus S (GT-I9020T) last year from a local retail store, been very pleased with the performance (some might consider the hardware dated). Capable of handling numerous tasks and survived its fair share of drops / abuse with minimal signs of wear. True "Google" phone free of bloated apps or skins (that carriers usually add to phones), plus it was the first phone to receive the "Ice Cream Sandwich" Android update after the new Galaxy Nexus phone was release.
Had a issue with the micro SD port on phone (probably caused by user error), but Samsung provided excellent support and quickly repaired the phone. Cannot say the same for PDAGIANT and my experience with trying to get a HTC myTouch 3G (purchased from Newegg) repaired.
Owned other brands to include Nokia, HTC and Motorola. This phone is by far my favorite (simple and very capable Android device). Dependable device that provides clear calls, strong cell signal, responsive OS and fast data speeds (using T-Mobile).
5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!