- Intel Core i5 2nd Gen 2557M (1.70 GHz)
- 4 GB Memory 128 GB SSD
- Intel HD Graphics
- 13.3" 1600 x 900
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
- 2 - 2.9 lbs.
Finally, a slick notebook without a fruit. 03/08/2012
In order of amazement: Style, build quality, touchpad, sound, speed/performance, display resolution, battery life, size, extras included, ac adapter, USB 3.0, and it's not a Mac.
I'm not a fan of the stickers on the palm rest. I appreciate that they are on the mild side and silver but distract from rest of the design.
The silver script writing under the ASUS logo under the display feels out of place.
Obviously these are not deal breakers here.
I havn't had this very long and will include a more detailed review later. The touchpad though, is by far the best I've ever seen on a PC. The display resolution and speakers are remarkable considering its size. I can't comment on the pre-installed software because the first thing I booted to was a Windows 7 USB key to install a fresh copy.
I researched way too much before pushing the "add to cart" button so if you are in that boat, hopefully this will help:
(1) The touchpad issue is resolved with new drivers that came out Dec 2011. The touchpad functions much like the Mac touchpad, you can two finger right click, or one finger click in the right click area of the touchpad. Two finger scrolling works both vertical and horizonal directions.
(2) Keyboard is fine, took me less than 90 sec to adjust to its sensitivity.
(3) They ship with a SanDisk SSD which is still very fast, initially they shipped with a slightly faster ADATA SSD.
7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!