- Steel MicroATX Mini Tower
- Patent pending ModuVent design, allowing the user to either have optimal silence or optimal airflow
- Pre-fitted with dense, noise absorbing material
- Supports up to 8 drives (6 x 3.5" HDD/2.5" SSD, 2x 5.25" ODD)
- 1 x USB 3.0 / 1 x USB 2.0 / Audio Front Ports
- $99.99 –
- $9.99 Shipping (restrictions apply)
Great P180 Mini Alternative 05/23/2012
This review is from: Fractal Design Define Mini Black Silent MATX Mini Tower Computer Case
* Good price
* Near-silent and stays that way when combined with some additional Antec TrueQuiet 120mm fans.
* Very sturdy; In fact, it is significantly sturdier than its bigger brother, the regular ATX Fractal Define R3.
* This case is probably the closest thing you can get to the beloved Antec P180 mini in terms of quality, size, and quietness. Since the P180 is aging and discontinued
* The case is very tiny but still roomy enough for a full-on gaming rig. I have a Corsair Hydro H70 in a 2-fan push/pull config, a top fan, side fan, and it's still got lots of open air space. Cable management, if you know what you're doing, is a breeze, and the results can be gorgeous: http://i.imgur.com/SAlAs.jpg
*CPU cutout on the motherboard tray did not line up well with my ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M mobo. The metal came a few centimeters above the bottom holes for the CPU cooler, and I had to take my motherboard out all over again. It kinda defeated the purpose of the cutout. I admit that it wasn't too big a hassle and I should have checked before, but this is a con worth mentioning.
USB 3.0 front header does not fit snugly, but that is the fault of the USB 3.0 front connection spec itself. I've done several builds with different combinations of brands between cases and motherboards, and it's the same all-around. With some creative wire-tying and propping the cable against the HDD caddy, you can make it stay securely without leaving it susceptible to popping out when moving the tower.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!