- 0.8mm Steel ATX Full Tower
- USB 2.0 / Audio Front Ports
- 5 or 8 (without hard drive) External 5.25" Drive Bays
- 3 Internal 3.5" Drive Bays
Great Case To Upgrade from Mid to Full 07/10/2012
This review is from: SilverStone RAVEN RV02-BW Matte black 0.8mm Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
This case is amazing. I had a Raidmax Tornado Case and this was my next step up.
Some great things about it are:
1. Airflow- The 3 fans along the bottom do more than enough to keep my system cool. Before in my old case I used HWMonitor and after 1 hour of Battlefield 3 my temps would be in the high 80s! And that was with 3 fans in that case! Now my max temp after an hour in the Raven RV02 was 60 Celcius. Core temps dropped as well. Very nice.
2. 90 degree MOBO- I really enjoy the Motherboard setup the way it is. Plenty of room to work and I have a fully modular PSU and 7 cables coming out of my PSU and NONE of it was a problem to manage behind the case and NONE of it interfered with the mobo setup. Motherboard looks clean, neat ,and efficient. Very easy to work with.
3.Fan toggle switches- If you are worried about power then 3 toggle switches along the top fan area can have you toggle from High or Low. Very cool.
Some cons to this case:
1. HDD Cage - I did not have trouble with the HDD Cage like some people did. Just take your time and consider removing it via the front to prevent scratching but I do see how this could be an issue.
2. Fan Dust Screens - Each of the 3 lower fans on this case have a removable dust screen. Very cool feature; however, I have had a small issue with the screen getting stuck during removal. You just have to work with it a little and it will slide out. But I can see if you were in a hurry and pulling that it would either a. tear the screen or b. snap a plastic piece. Be Careful!
This was my second build I have done and it could not have been easier. I upgraded from a traditional mid tower into this unorthodox (in part placement) tower and could not be happier. Cooler temps, very easy to work in with plenty of room, and plenty of space for proper cable management. Very satisfied.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!