- Intel Core i5 2nd Gen 2450M (2.50 GHz)
- 4 GB Memory 500 GB HDD
- AMD Radeon HD 6470M
- 1366 x 768
- Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
- DVD Super Multi
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
An OK Laptop 08/19/2012
+ Design: This thing looks professional and feels that way too.
+ Functional keyboard: It has a numeric keypad and all the function keys (F1 through F12) work as expected without having to use Fn like in some current laptops out there.
+ No touch-sensitive media keys: YES!!!
+ Desktop Replacement: Unless you are a gamer or big into CG animation, the 2.5 GHz Core I5 will handle all of your desktop tasks without slowing down.
+ Clean Windows DVD's: If you don't want the out-of-box bloatware or would prefer 32-bit Windows instead, you can reformat and reinstall with the included DVD's which are real Windows DVD's, not that "quick restore" nonesense that puts all bloatware back in. But be sure to read the Cons section for an important caveat though.
- Display looks too dull for a LED display. I've seen LCD panels with better video quality. Blacks look grey and everything has a blueish tint, like someone in HP is a huge fan of 6500K daylight bulbs.
- Hard drive is slow. It's not 4200rpm bad, but it definitely doesn't feel like a 7200rpm drive.
- Outdated Windows image: Be ready to spend some serious time updating Windows when you unpack this laptop. And if you want a bloatware-free Windows installation, you can reformat and install with the included DVD, but that one doesn't even have Service Pack 1 integrated so you'll spend a couple of days -- yes DAYS getting Windows installed and updated if you go the bloatware-free route. Remember to make a backup image when you are done updating so you don't have to go through the whole process again.
I was looking forward to getting this laptop. I was seeing myself writing a review of how super awesome the ElliteBook 8560p is. But all I can say after actually using one is that it is an OK laptop.
Battery life borders on mediocre, but as a desktop replacement, it was kind of expected so I wasn't really disappointed.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!