- 24/7 Power-Saving Download Server
- DLNA Certified Media Server
- Effortless Backup
- Anywhere Access
- Power-saving with only 17.6 Watts in Operation
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Excellent For Home USe 10/22/2012
This NAS is great, I was going to build my own with parts laying around the house and use ubuntu however, the synology offered more features and was much easier to use.
The pro's I've found are:
- Low power usage
- Power saving mode (can idle at like 5W when not in use)
- Many App's can be installed like an itunes server mail server etc
- Constant development, the DSM is always being worked on
- Decent read/write speeds
- Download manager lets you download torrents and emule links straight to the NAS, and he dsdownload app lets you control the app from your cell phone while not on the network.
The only con's ive found seem to be due to my router itself. I've found a few times that the read/upload speed's seem to be slow. My device will stop and buffer the video I am watching. This has only happened a few times, generally I can watch 1080p without any need to stop and buffer, but every now and then I run into this problem. It seems to be my router not the NAS.
Great buy, well worth it. Synology makes a great product, you should check their website for the different models and pick the one for you. Some are powerful enough to transcode which is good for apple users since apple products suck and only playback m4a + mp4 video which very few of my videos are.
2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!