- In-ear noise isolating
- Angled nozzle for added comfort
- Full spectrum sound with deep, enhanced bass
- Metal housing and extra-strength strain relief for durability
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Great IEMs (on sale) 03/11/2013
- above average sound (for the pricepoint).
- metal housing, well built overall and very similar to other meelec designs.
- good cable stress relief.
- comes with all the usual meelec accessories - case, shirt clip, 4 different earpieces (S, M, L, and double flange).
- the 45 degree angle makes these bulkier than some other IEMs, and makes it harder for me to get a good seal in my ear. It also makes it nearly impossible for me to use them in an over-the-ear configuration. YMMV.
- the cable covering tangles more easily than other meelec offerings, and more noise from the cable rubbing on a shirt or whatever else (microphonics) seems to come through than their other deisgns.
Meelectronics has been known for a while now as a company that makes great budget IEMs, and these are no different. I'm not a real audiophile by any stretch and am not even gonna try to compare details like soundstage or airiness or anything, but generally comparing how these earbuds sound overall to some of Meelec's other designs, they seem pretty similar to the M9s. Construction quality is similar. I'd say they are about 25% larger than the M9's due to the 45 degree angle and a larger housing.
I got these on sale for ten bucks each and free shipping, and at that price I'd say they are a steal. Even at 15 they would be a good buy. At full price however I'm not sure they are worth it, when you can buy Meelec's awesome M9 or M6 models with similar sound for about half that elsewhere online.
In short, buy these if they are on sale, but maybe look at some other meelec offerings if these are at full price. At ten or 15 bucks these are a 5 star, but at full price they are more of a 4 because of the issues I mentioned.
6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!