- Real wood veneer finish.
- Slot Load Venting improves bass response. The wide, long Slot Load Vent dramatically lessens turbulence, noise and distortion, pouring out a tidal wave of precise, thunderous bass!
- Big 12 inch Long Throw Driver for longer excursion and better linearit.
- High current 300 Watt Continuous (460 Watts Dynamic) power amplifier.
- Pro-grade 5-way binding posts speaker inputs and outputs.
- Magnetically shielded for safe, flexible placement next to a TV or video monitor.
- $599.99 599.99
- $179.99 –
- Save: $420.00 (70%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
WAY more than I needed! 05/27/2013
This review is from: Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 12" Powered Subwoofer Single
Hits HARD, even at low volume.
Floor rumbling lows.
Nice hook-up options.
Plenty of power.
The Grill Cover Offers NO Protection (except from dust)
*See other thoughts
I got lucky and caught this on sale for only $179. It's a STEAL at that price. I upgraded from a Polk Audio PSW10, which was plenty of power for what I needed......but I always go for overkill when it comes to my man cave. Haha!
The only thing I DONT like about this sub, is the grill cover. The PSW10 had a very sturdy webbing of plastic under the fabric of the grill cover. If something were to hit it, it would take a LOT of force to break it. It offered a great level of protection. The PSW505 grill cover is simply the fabric stretched over a square plastic frame. There is nothing guarding the speaker except for the micro thin layer of fabric. Keep this in mind if you have kids or lots of friends over all the time.
Reading some of the reviews on here, it seems there are a LOT of broken grills being delivered with this unit. I'm happy to say that my entire unit arrived in PERFECT condition.
While I was waiting for this beast to be delivered, I went to YouTube and watched a lot of videos of other people pushing this sub to it's limits. WOW!! I couldn't wait until mine got delivered!
When I finally got it all hooked up, I went back to YouTube and searched "Subwoofer Test". If you wanna see what this sub can do, I recommend you do the same. There are some INSANE subwoofer tests on there that will rattle you house!
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!