- Real wood veneer finish.
- Slot Load Venting improves bass response. The wide, long Slot Load Vent dramatically lessens turbulence, noise and distortion, pouring out a tidal wave of precise, thunderous bass!
- Big 12 inch Long Throw Driver for longer excursion and better linearit.
- High current 300 Watt Continuous (460 Watts Dynamic) power amplifier.
- Pro-grade 5-way binding posts speaker inputs and outputs.
- Magnetically shielded for safe, flexible placement next to a TV or video monitor.
- $599.99 599.99
- $179.99 –
- Save: $420.00 (70%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
This review is from: Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 12" Powered Subwoofer Single
Too much to list.
Power output is good, but a single unit does not get crazy loud in a normal room.
Tight bass - This is not just a cheap home theater unit to get a little rumble. It sounds good with music
Gets pretty low ~30Hz F3
LFE in, Variable crossover for line in,
auto mode on power switch
This is the 2nd of these I have. Currently they both hooked up together in my basement, but I have used them in different locations. They are with a pair of Sony SS-F7000 towers powered by an HK 3490. The combo can put out ridiculous bass.
Overall, I would take my DSW600 over it, despite its slightly lower power output. The bass is a bit punchier and the new model seems to get a bit lower. I like the 505 much better then my DSWmicoPro 1000 8" which I bought mostly for size and the crazy power output. They have similar freq response specs.
I cannot believe people would pay as much or more for their new PSW lines. This is a higher end product that Newegg has great deals on. If you see a deal, take it
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!