- Aluminum / Steel Mini-ITX Desktop
- USB 3.0 / Audio Front Ports
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Not What I Expected 10/16/2013
- Fans installed are quiet on the Low and Medium fan controller settings, always a good thing.
- The overall layout and scheme of the Node is different and nice.
- Plenty of space for hard-drives. I'd recommend an ITX board that has 4 to 6 SATA ports if you want to use it to it's fullest potential. However, be warned (see cons)
- Mesh grills give the case a nice look, I also have a BitFenix Alchemy Blue LED Strip to give it some lighting so it does look cool.
- Case rattles from the hard-drive movement, constantly annoying. Had to put college textbooks on top of it to prevent it from being annoying.
-Quality seems cheaply made. I find my Silverstone FT03-MINI to be made of much superior material and seems a lot more sturdy than this.
-Screws aren't of the greatest quality. Be careful of them.
-Size was bigger than expected, but that's coming from owning the FT03 with a very small footprint.
I have a friend that currently owns a Fractal Define and he spoke so highly of it's quality. I figured the Node would at least share in it's quality seeing as it's being made by Fractal. Maybe he was wrong, but I'm just not impressed with its overall quality. Also, I thought white would have been a nice, different look. I should have went with black, as this white doesn't blend in to my silver, grey, black color scheme. Maybe I'm just OCD about it, just a little annoying.
I was very hesitant on returning this. I still am, but I feel I may have already passed the time available to return it and figured I'd keep it and use it a while before I change my mind and go back to the FT03-MINI.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!