- Compliant - with USB 3.0 specifications
- Dual Compatibility - USB 3.0 connectivity; backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Stylish - black-on-black, sliding cap design
- Ideal USB 3.0 starter storage device
- Free technical support
- $13.51 –
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Very slow transfer speeds 11/05/2013
This review is from: Kingston 32GB DataTraveler 100 G3 USB 3.0 Flash Drive (DT100G3/32GB)
- Price is reasonable
- Ability to protect USB dongle
- Good design
- Very slow speed: 7MB/sec at best.
- Turns out the USB3 on it means the device supports USB3, but does not necessarily run at USB3 speeds!! It is all a marketing gimmick
I always held Kingston in a special level on their own ahead of the rest when it comes to RAM/USB sticks. However, their latest marketing gimmicks will definitely make me think twice before paying for the brand anymore.
Hello, I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support. We apologize for any confusion with the DT100G3 flash drive. This drive is an entry level USB 3.0 compliant drive, not a performance USB 3.0 drive. We do have several performance USB 3.0 drives available such as the DTR30, DTU30G3, and DTHX30 which offer write speeds of 30MB/s and up. For further assistance or more information, please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you. Please be sure to have the part in question on hand when you call.
Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.
11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!