- AMD A4-Series A4-5000 (1.50 GHz)
- 4 GB Memory 500 GB HDD
- AMD Radeon HD 8330
- 1366 x 768
- Windows 8
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Decent laptop for the price. 11/06/2013
- Low cost
- Moderate performance
- 15.6" display (considered large for a laptop)
- Quad-core processor (AMD A4 series)
- Easily accessible battery
- Lower processor speed (1.5 GHz)
- Keyboard feels cheap, caves in middle with medium pressure applied
- Power source input (the place on the laptop that you put the power cable in to charge the battery) does not accept the cable easily, there's a "block" of sorts, you need to really push it in. Big difference from the magnetic inputs I've come accustomed to on MacBooks.
I bought this laptop for web development to replace my dying MacBook. I immediately removed Windows 8 to install Ubuntu. If you are planning on installing a different operating system other than Windows 8 (whether full replace or dual boot), be aware that the mobo loads in UEFI mode, and you'll need to change that to Legacy in order to enable boot control so you can boot from a USB.
Overall, I'm happy with the purchase because it was so inexpensive (I got it during the November sale on Newegg). That being said, it is definitely not a laptop I would recommend to anyone who would be using it for anything other than surfing the web and other standard computing activities (processing text documents, etc).
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!