- Affordable 24x7 scalable storage solution
- Most efficient means of supporting large scale-out replicated operations
- ISE feature for easy drive retirement
- 3-year limited warranty
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
server grade for a consumer price 11/12/2013
This is a server grade drive at a consumer friendly price.
- Large capacity. pretty much the largest capacity single drive you can currently buy,
- very quiet. Unlike my other drive i can't hear this drive, even while it is under load.
- Low power draw
- high quality construction designed to run 24/7.
- Secure. The Instant Secure Erase renders the drive safe from most thieves.
- Bare drive. this drive has no cables, hardware, or documentation bundled with it. This means it is up to you to acquire everything including the software needed to use the Instant Secure Erase. Luckily there is documentation at the bottom of the overview tab on the product page that will tell you everything you need to know.
- 5900 rpms. With other manufacturers drives running between 7200-10k you can't but wonder if the drive would be even faster if they made theirs faster.
- Security. This is an encryption drive. As data is written to and read from the drive, the drive encrypts and decrypts the data.When you perform an Instant Secure Erase, the drive erases the current encryption key and creates a new one. It leaves the data on the drive and renders is "invisible" waiting for it to be overwritten by new data. This means that even after a Instant Secure Erase the data previously on the drive could theoretically be retrieved.
Even though the data is theoretically retrievable it would be very difficult. Even if a thieve finds the data they are going to have to decrypt it to be able to get anything out of it.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!