- Wireless N300 - Ideal for med & large sized homes
- 4 Gigabit ports - Blazing fast wired connectivity
- High-powered Amplifier for whole-home coverage
- Integrated QoS Engine for traffic optimization
- $83.99 83.99
- $54.99 –
- Save: $29.00 (35%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Mostly works, but buggy and annoying web interface 11/23/2013
This review is from: D-Link Xtreme Gigabit Router (DIR-655) Wireless N300, USB SharePort, Gigabit
- I've had no problems with the strength of the wireless signal, or with WPA authentication. (I only used a WPA with a pre-shared key.)
- Wired ports all seem to work fine. I had no issues with them as long as the routing table wasn't broken (see below).
- Web interface requires full router reboot for simple configuration changes (e.g., firewall rule changes). I don't know of any technical reason for this.
- Despite having a consumer-friendly web interface, there's no one-click way to switch between common configurations, such as "turn me into a wireless access point".
- I encountered a situation where the routing table seemed to be broken. (No packets forwarded from WAN port to other ports, as I recall.) Rebooting didn't help, so I did a factory reset. This happened twice. I have no idea if this was a bug in the web interface or the OS itself.
- Not super-stable. I usually have to reboot it about once a month.
I didn't try installing a non-standard OS (OpenWRT, or whatever the kids are using these days) on this box. I expect it to work fine out of the box.
I didn't try any of the USB filesharing stuff.
2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!