- Steel MicroATX Mid Tower
- 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0 and Audio I/O Front Ports
- Side Air vent
- Removable Dust Filter
- $39.99 39.99
- $34.99 –
- Save: $5.00 (13%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Not bad for an entry level case 11/30/2013
This review is from: Fractal Design Core 1000 Black MATX Mini Tower Computer Case
Typical Fractal design, fairly straightforward with decent build construction for a case this inexpensive.
* USB 3.0 header
* 120mm front fan
* Rounded edges so you don't cut your hands to shreds
* Big enough for a large GPU... but I don't know why that was a design goal... If I was putting a Titan in, I wouldn't be picking this case.
* SSD adapter tray in bottom ODD space.
* Standoff pilot holes lined up perfectly.
* Thin steel... but I expected that at this level. A Define Mini it is not.
* Funky side-mount HDD tray, it works but it isn't pretty.
* There is no cable management potential in this case. I used sticky ziptie anchors to corral the cables. There is NO room behind the mobo header for wires.
* No provision to mount another 120mm front fan above the other even though there is room (like in the Define Mini.)
* No potential to ever get positive case pressure... this thing has vent holes cut everywhere.
For an entry-level mATX case, I could have done a lot worse at this price point. It will serve it's purpose well, I believe, and doesn't look like something out of 1980. Even considering the thin steel, it's a fairly robust build.
If you can spring for it, get a modular PSU, or just plan on having wires hanging everywhere. I used ziptie sticky anchors to get unused cables up and out of the way, but it still looks like a rats nest.
Not a big fan of high-mounted PSUs, in this light of a case it makes them top heavy.
I really wish they would have went with some sort of standard mount HDD cage, the vertical mount is just odd, and I don't like having the SATA plugs/control board on the HDD right there in the open.
6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!