- Fastest 12X Blu-ray writing speed
- E-Green saves over 50% power consumption
- Blu-ray 3D support, 2D to 3D DVD conversion, DVD upscaling to HD 1080p (optional)
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
received 4 MB Cache 12/16/2013
This review is from: ASUS Black 12X Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS
Did not get what I expected or ordered, however the ''BW-12B1ST a'' in itself being a Re-Branded LG Black 4MB Cache BH14NS40 Blu-Ray Burner is a good drive within itself, but that's not what I ordered, I wanted the 8 MB Cache and listed, and this is only 4 MB.
I gave it a 3 star because of the situation not because the drive is a bad one.
There are two versions of the Asus BW-12B1ST:
1. is a rebadged Liteon iBHS112-2 with 8 MB cache, and the other version is a re-badged LG BH14NS40 with 4 MB cache.
2. The Liteon version has the capability of doing quality scans for DVD and Blu-ray discs and the LG version does not. The webpage for this product advertises that it's the 8 MB cache version which is the LiteOn clone. What they actually shipped to me was the LG clone with only 4 MB cache and incapable of performing disc quality scanning as the 8 MB cache one can, and a few other features
NewEgg did right by it and I RMA's the unit immediately.
Please fix your website description and/or weed out your stock. I think it's ASUS fault for mixing two different re-branded versions under the same model number and depending on what shipment NewEgg receives depends what you get.
Am*z*n had the same problem so it's not just NewEgg who is having the same problem with ASUS.
5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!