- Intel Core i7 4770 (3.40 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR3 1 TB HDD
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2 GB
- Windows 8
like marriage, act in haste regret in leisure! 01/06/2014
1) cpu gpu combo
2) power supply - fsp group 80 gold plus
3) sound blaster cinema
for a thousand dollar desktop pitched as a gaming powerhouse
1) description doesn't even spell out the proper specs
it has one dvi-i , one dvi-d, one hdmi and one displayport, so takes advantage of the multiscreen capabilities of the 2gb gtx7700
2) acer included a wired usb + keyboard....don't what the thought process there was, like trying to sell a benz with rolldown windows
3) windows experience 8.1 tarnish by hdd 5.7
4) design issue: expect some vent and even mesh on especially the top for airflow/ heat dissipation
5) for this price, where's the recovery disc? nope, acer wants me to make my own, with a minimum 16gb flash drive, of course my flash drive 14.6gb ish after formatting *sigh*
6) acer should have left extra space for internal hdd bay
or 2nd external hdd bay instead of having the plastic wonky "headphone holder".....again, this tarnished the acer predator experience
7) win8 UEFI madness
looked at windows 8, ragequit! don't even bother upgrading to 8.1 --- unplugged the hdd and tried to install windows 7 pro to brand new initialized intel 250gb ssd....ACER's custom bios does not allow installation
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected Boot device and press a key"
so that locks out linux installs that didn't pay microsoft
my reading about the benefits of UEFI and secure boot is like a dog reading about the benefits of a longer happier life after getting neutered
8) use of matshita dvdram uj8e1 laptop drive is puzzling as an elevated flimsy pop out doesn't signal longevity
welcome to the mouth of madness!
so i ordered this desktop as a xmas gift to myself
with high expectations to save time buildilng my own
only plan of action was to stick 16gb more ram and a new ssd...oh the memories that i could have had during the christmas break + hercules snowstorm
because acer is complicit with microsoft's UEFI machination, i spent the last 4 days disaster planning for the hdd's demise than actually using the machine
and ended up putting the ssd in my old system
(at least my son's happy he got an unexpected upgrade)
i'm not about to pay return shipping and pay 25pc restocking fee, guess next time i'll go back to dell xps
buyers can also see acer's other desktop listings on newegg (like the one with 12gb of ram) also attractively priced but crippled in the psu dept and therefore mislead buyers into thinking they can upgrade the video card for a gaming beast. buyers beware!
11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!