- Premium Aluminum Fins & Pure Copper Base
- $59.99 59.99
- $53.99 –
- Save: $6.00 (10%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Runs Great! 01/10/2014
This review is from: GELID Solutions GC-VGA02-02 Ball VGA Cooler
- Great cooling, Reduced the temps of my R9 290 from 83C average to 53C average on Battlefield 4 @ 1080p Ultra.(30C difference!!!). My card now idles at around 33C.
- Quiet, much more quiet than any stock cooler, even at 100% fan speed!. My PC is now a peaceful paradise once more.
- Much cheaper than alternatives like Arctic Xtreme 3, and performs just slightly worse. Can't get anything better for the buck.
- Looks cool.
- Packaging was very compact and had everything you ever need - thermal liquid, lots of ram heat sinks - enough for any card, a lot of screws and a nice fan adapter. The only thing that was lacking is thermal stickers for the RAM heat sinks - very crucial in cases when you need to use all of it ( Like with the R9 290 and it's 16 RAM chips). Try not to waste them (Or just buy thermal glue).
- The installation is long and exhausting. Putting on the RAM heat-sinks was annoying, but not as much as most people make it to be. Make sure you have spare two hours. Don't rush, follow instructions word by word and use common logic, or else you WILL screw things up (Both meanings).
- No PWN fan control - 100% fan speed. It's quiet but still audible.
- It's quite big, and takes 3 slots so keep it in mind if your'e going to Crossfire or SLI.
Something important to note - if you have a R9 290/290x like me, there will be a "lonely" RAM chip that won't be fully covered since the plate that connects the board with the cooler gets in the way. Take care of it only after you've installed the cooling body. I put a heat sink over half of it - hope that's enough.
The instructions are OK. I honestly didn't use them at all - only once to see which screws I was suppose to use. Worked out wonderfully from first try. I highly suggest you watch videos before installing, since they visualize the process better.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!