- USB Connector
- 8.86 ft. Cord Length
- $49.99 –
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Corsair HS40 01/15/2014
This review is from: Corsair Raptor HS40 USB Connector Circumaural 7.1 Gaming Headset
I had these over the busy period of Christmas and I have a chance to test them in many various environments with different software. Here are my thoughts:
- I have a really big head, and some headphones like Beats Studio hurt my ears when worn longer than 30 minutes. No problem like that with Corsair HS40. I had them constantly on for 3 hours and didn't feel any discomfort. Padding is great and the tension is just right.
- I like the red color design. But for others it might be too flashy.
- Noise cancelling in & out is very good. Compared to mine AudioTechnica ATH-M50 those has almost ZERO sound bleed out on high volumes. Of course the are not even close to produce the volumes the ATH-M50's are with Fiio Pocket Amp, but for gaming environment or video conferencing the volume on HS40s is plenty loud and the fact nobody can hear what you are listening too is a big plus.
- The price to quality ratio is about right for gaming headphones.
- Arrived in nice packaging.
Sound, sound, sound ....
After using Audio Technica's ATH-M50 those HS40s just don't sound right. Any music or HD movies sounded ... weak. The bass is just not there. I think some sort of equalizer should be implemented.
Other than music and movies, those headphones work just fine. For gaming, video cat, watching youtube etc. they are great. Very comfortable, which makes them a great choice for gamers.
As far as 7.1 gimmick, I did not really hear that much difference from mine 5.1 Logitech Speaker setup. I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker.
I would definitely recommend those to my friends and clients who are looking for good built quality, good sounding and comfortable GAMING headphones. And that's exactly what those are.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!