- 92mm fan
- 800 – 2800 RPM (PWM)
- 15.7 – 54.8 CFM
- $33.99 33.99
- $25.99 –
- Save: $8.00 (24%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Can't even install it on Phenom II 03/27/2014
It looks pretty, would have fit well if it actually installed.
1) The fastening parts are completely loose and easy to get at wrong angles. You practically need two hands for each clamp part and then one more to hold the fan in place so it doesn't lift up and create air bubbles in the thermal compound.
2) Of course, those hands would have to fit in the likely small space in your PC, as setups rarely leave 8 inches of space around the CPU to be able to fiddle with parts that don't line themselves up. Even parts of just the motherboard were partly in the way. This requires a 5" bar to slide in sideways, and that hooks into a clamp made from 3 loose parts, and the hooking process is partly blocked by wires for the Intel installation. Very hard to keep all in place.
3) If you do by some miracle get it all together and hooked through properly, good luck getting it to clip on the bracing. I couldn't get it to reach further than 1/4" away from hooking on, and then after this it's supposed to use the latch to clamp harder? If you managed it, I wouldn't be surprised if it cracked the bracing or destroyed your CPU.
4) I had my doubts about how well it would even do if I could get it installed because the surface of the base is not smooth. There are gaps on the sides of each pipe, and the pipes don't seem completely flush with the base block.
I have built several PCs and never encountered such a complicated mess that isn't even measured to the proper dimensions to fit into what it is specified to work with. I just switched back to my old fan because while it may run a bit hot, at least it actually fastens to the base, and with only two simple clips already attached to the fan. I would return it for a refund but I don't think I can since I used the thermal compound. Instead I'll just never buy a Cooler Master fan again.
I do apologize that you have had a difficult time with the installation of the product. If you can contact us, we can see what we can do to help clarify any issues during the process.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!