- Industry's highest capacity near line drive - WD RE SATA hard drives are available in capacities ranging from 2TB to 4TB to suit even the most demanding storage needs.
- Highest performance for business-critical applications - WD RE delivers 6Gb/s transfer rates, sustained sequential data rates of 171MB/s and high random I/O rates.
- Designed for quality and reliability - With a field-tested 1.2 million hour MTBF, this high performance drive delivers the highest level of reliability for 24x7 operation in up to 100% duty cycle applications.
- Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
- Vibration Protection - Enhanced RAFF technology includes sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time.
- Package includes a hard drive only - no screws, cables, manuals included. Please purchase mounting hardware and cables separately if necessary.
- $107.99 107.99
- $74.99 –
- Save: $33.00 (31%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.
Hopefully good.. 07/20/2014
Once you get a good one, they last for a really long time.
The first drive I received had bad sectors on it out of the box.
The newegg RMA process is pretty easy. The 7 day ground shipping return from FL to CA is absurd though, they should work out a cross ship program for premier customers. In the end it took 2 weeks before I received a good working drive.
I test drives at work and it's pretty rare that I see bad RE/RE3 drives, although possible it doesn't happen real often. I needed something for a home server that will be on 24/7 with size for applications as needed. I have no doubt this drive will last quite some time.
*Note on the shipping material. If you're buying a bunch of stuff and the HDD gets shipped in box (inside a bigger box) you're probably fine. However the little "hot dog" package that newegg puts the drives in simply doesn't cut it when the drive comes alone in a small box. 3" of rigid foam on all sides should be a minimum for shipping a single drive.
2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!