- Email This Seller
SELLER ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED: This seller is no longer affiliated with Newegg.com.
With dedication to the heritage of Swiss watchmaking, Stuhrling Original timepieces appeal to the most discriminating taste at reasonable prices. The company has roots dating back to the 1800's when Switzerland emerged as the global leader in watchmaking. Stuhrling Original remains committed to its mission of preserving the high standards set in Switzerland manufacturing all of their fine timepieces in their Swiss-owned factory! Each and every model conveys an inimitable story with extraordinary style. You'll find heirloom selections for both men and women that even the most astute watch collector will cherish and admire.
In the workshops of Stuhrling Original, the unit specializing in mechanical movements, component selection, assembly, lubrication, adjustment and testing creates horological wonders entirely under vigilant attention of Swiss ownership and supervision. It is these workshops that produce the mechanical engines that are famous for meeting the highest existing criteria in there category. Starting with the main plate, the assembly process is performed in several consecutive stages up until anchoring the balance spring, which sets the watch into motion. Assembling a Stuhrling Original mechanical automatic movement comprises no less than 30 checkpoints, spread throughout the assembly process. The movement must meet no less than seven criterias, including a mean variation in rate which is the highest standard in the industry in its class.
Stuhrling Original cases are distinguished by their technical complexity, their high-end aesthetic appeal and the quality of their finish. The watch cases are made from antimagnetic 316L surgical grade stainless steel, an extremely sophisticated alloy designed to stand up to intensive use. The rough parts, known as "middlecases" are blanked from a metal bar using a high-performance press. They then undergo eight successive stamping operations of a strength increasing gradually from 20 to 85 tons. Before each swaging operation, the middlecase is refired at a temperature of 1100 degrees Celsius, so as to temporarily reduce the hardness to a total stamping pressure of more than 400 tons. Finishing the cases then calls for fifteen polishing operations, all performed by hand alternating with nine baths guaranteeing immaculate cleanliness. Other components of the cases, such as rotating bezels or rider tabs also require a meticulous finish. The components of the cases are finally assembled by hand and rigorously tested.
Each Stuhrling Original dial has been designed to enable optimal read-off at a glance, while adding an element of artistic design. Stuhrling Original's dials are blanked from a brass plate and two cylindrical feet are soldered below to ensure security with the movement. Polishing operations, creating special effects through the use of vintage hydraulic German machines, and electroplating are just some of the more than forty operations required to make most StuhrlingOriginal dials. The transparent protective coating is applied in an immaculately clean environment before the various inscriptions are transfer printed using a gelatin pad which takes an impression from an inked block. On many of the dials the hour markers are either individually applied by hand or embossed into the dial and then topped with a special dye. The application of Super Luminova is performed by artisans with a nozzle pen connected to a high-pressure pipe which calls for intense concentration. Once finished, each dial undergoes careful aesthetic scrutiny under extreme magnification, as well as technical testing, to ensure it complies with all predefined dimensions and specifications.
Through meticulous labor, rigorous testing and examination of each timepiece by expert horologists, the vision of the Stuhrling Original timepiece is brought to life inside our workshops, where... 'Quality is never an accident; it is always a result of intelligent effort'
- Returns Policy
1. Log onto your Newegg.com account and find your order in order history, click on 'Request RMA from Seller' Button next to the order information.
2. On 'Compose Message Page', verify the order number you want to request return on the top of the page, choose 'RMA Inquiry' from the drop down menu, provide the item# (you can find on your order invoice e-mail) and the reason you want to return, and indicate you want to return for replacement or refund before click 'send message' button.
3. Once our Customer Service Representatives receive your inquiry, it will take us 24 - 48 hours to respond to your inquiry.
4. Once our Customer Service has verified your order information and approved for you to send the merchandise back to us, you will be provided with Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number for your return through e-mail. The e-mail contains RMA number, RMA details and important return shipping instruction. Read the instruction carefully before you ship your return merchandise back to us.
5. We strongly recommend you return your item in the same or similar packaging as they were delivered to you with all the original parts, accessories and menu/documentation included (any missing parts or accessories may result your return being rejected or your refund/replacement being delayed). Re-using the package your item came in is acceptable, as long as the packaging is in good condition and all previous addresses, tracking information and labels are removed.