Your digital world opens wider with the AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Socket AM2 processor giving you leading performance to go anywhere you like. Featuring up to 2000MHz HT speeds and a clock speed of 2.4GHz with 512KB L2 cache, it offers powerful performance for a unique digital adventure. It's not just about email, Web browsing and word processing anymore. Whether you're watching videos, ripping and playing music, or playing games, this processor enhances your multimedia experience with a “you are there” reality. The revolutionary architecture enables solid performance to help maximize productivity and deliver a true-to-life digital entertainment environment.
The new Socket AM2 from AMD is designed to enable next-generation platform innovations such as AMD Virtualization and high-performance, unbuffered DDR2 memory (supporting up to DDR2 800) to the award-winning AMD64 architecture. Other advanced features include support for 3DNow! Professional technology and SSE3 to accelerate multimedia applications and enable stellar performance when working with games, audio, video and photography software. This adept processor is designed for people who want to stay at the forefront of technology and for those who depend on their PCs to keep them connected, informed, and entertained.
- AMD64 TechnologyAMD64 technology is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With Direct Connect Architecture, AMD64 processors address and help eliminate the real challenges and bottlenecks of system architectures because everything is directly connected to the central processing unit.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency and point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems and networking and telecommunications equipment. The Athlon 64 3800+ AM2 processor is equipped with HT technology to enable a system bus speed of up to 2000MHz, delivering a maximum of 8GB/s I/O bandwidth and 20.8GB/s processor-to-system bandwidth.
- CNQ: Cool'n'Quiet TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is an innovative solution available on AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. And it also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.